|By Marketwired .||
|December 12, 2012 09:10 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/12 -- WhiteHat Security, the Web security company, announced the immediate availability of WhiteHat Sentinel Mobile, a new mobile application assessment solution enabling businesses to test mobile applications wherever they reside: on the device or on a server. With this announcement, WhiteHat extends its support for mobile applications with new security offerings aimed at streamlining mobile security strategies for the enterprise and independent application developers.
"Mobile is clearly accelerating businesses' application development practices as it replaces the 'traditional' Web, but mobile security until now has not kept the needed pace to mitigate the added risk," said Stephanie Fohn, CEO of WhiteHat Security. "With Sentinel Mobile, we are offering businesses an advanced, platform-agnostic solution to efficiently evaluate all facets of in-house or third-party mobile applications, regardless of device or OS. Sentinel Mobile reflects our mission to offer the most rapid and effective solutions for securing the entire ecosystem of business applications and critical data."
The introduction of Sentinel Mobile extends WhiteHat's charter, namely to provide highly accurate and actionable application vulnerability information across today's increasingly rapid software development lifecycle (SDLC), to also encompass the growing mobile application market. As hundreds of the largest enterprises in the world, including two of the top three mobile phone manufacturers, already leverage WhiteHat Sentinel to assess, verify and report code-level flaws in their non-mobile applications -- from development to production -- the company anticipates strong traction for its new mobile offering.
"Mobile application security has seen too much confusion and fragmentation and not enough focus on where the heart of security problems truly lie," said Jerry Hoff, vice president, source code analysis division, WhiteHat Security. "The majority of mobile application problems live on the server-side and go unnoticed or untreated, creating even more attack surfaces to exploit. WhiteHat is elevating the mobile application security experience to address this using its leading Sentinel technology to test applications as they live on the phone or tablet, as well as the server-side components to mitigate businesses' risk."
The new Sentinel Mobile service enables businesses to:
- Quickly assess scan all iOS, Android or other mobile apps in their environment
- Evaluate device- and server-side code, both static and dynamic, and correlate the results
- View mobile, native and Web application security postures relative to their business through a unified dashboard
- Identify application-specific vulnerability trends to improve developer practices
- Streamline application development and launch predictability by identifying problems earlier in the development lifecycle
Sentinel Mobile is available today as a stand-alone offering or as an addition to existing WhiteHat Sentinel deployments. As part of the Sentinel family of products, Sentinel Mobile utilizes the company's unique Threat Research Center to ensure all security data is fully accurate and actionable for businesses. For more information about today's announcement please visit the Sentinel Mobile website and the WhiteHat Security blog.
About WhiteHat Security, Inc.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Santa Clara, California, WhiteHat Security provides end-to-end solutions for Web security. The company's cloud technology platform and leading security engineers turn verified security intelligence into actionable insights for customers. Through a combination of core products and strategic partnerships, WhiteHat Security provides complete Web security at a scale unmatched in the industry. WhiteHat Sentinel, the company's flagship product line, currently manages thousands of websites -- including sites in the most regulated industries such as e-commerce, financial services and healthcare.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1