|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 08:51 AM EST||
UPPSALA, Sweden, December 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Dirac Research announces the introduction of a new smartphone with Dirac HD Sound optimization built in. At the OPPO Find 5 launch event held in Beijing's 798 Art District on Wednesday, in front of over 500 members of the international press, Dirac's CEO spoke of the high-class sound quality obtained through the use of innovative sound processing.
OPPO yesterday announced the launch of their flagship smartphone Find 5. Dirac's CEO Dr. Mathias Johansson was a guest speaker at the event. In his speech, he emphasized Dirac's approach to sound technology as distinct from conventional sound technologies: "Different from sound effects, we are actually restoring the music as it was intended by the artist."
The event also featured a large-scale demonstration of a Dirac-optimized cinema theater sound system, where the audience emphatically noticed the difference when Dirac's optimization was turned off.
The technology used in the OPPO Find 5 - Dirac HD Sound® - optimizes the acoustic properties of the earphones shipped with the new mobile phones for the best possible mobile music experience. Precise acoustic measurements of the earphone have allowed a tailored digital sound processor to improve the acoustic properties of the earphone. Technologies from Dirac are also used in high-performance HiFi, luxury cars, digital cinemas and studios.
Dirac HD Sound removes the sound defects introduced by the earphone itself due to its physical constraints. The result is a clear and natural sound for music playback, a philosophy that OPPO has embraced. The technology is unique in that it corrects both the amplitude and the timing of each tone reproduced by the earphone. Dirac HD Sound has stirred a lot of reactions and comments on Internet forums, as it allows an earphone to perform at altogether new levels.
Mr. Ken Kreisel, one of the founders of M&K Speaker, known for high-end studio monitor speaker systems, listened to the sound of the OPPO mobile phone and earphone. He stated: "While listening to the new OPPO Mobile Phone with Dirac HD Sound, the sound improvement is tremendous and I feel almost like I am in the recording studio with my new studio monitors. I applaud OPPO for their innovative and pioneering spirit in embracing this new Dirac HD Sound technology."
Dirac Research, Founded in 2001, is a premier R&D company specializing in high-performance digital sound optimization, room correction and sound field synthesis. The company was founded by researchers from the Signals & Systems Group of Uppsala University, Sweden, which has fostered 8 Nobel Prize laureates. With Dirac's patented toolbox for efficient and accurate audio system optimization, customers such as BMW, Bentley, Rolls Royce and Datasat Digital Entertainment have achieved dramatically improved sound quality and a shortened time-to-market. Dirac Research maintains offices in Sweden, Tokyo, Detroit, San Diego, Seoul and Shanghai. http://www.dirac.se
OPPO, established in 2004 in China, is a large globally registered high-tech enterprise incorporating R&D, manufacturing and marketing. Through the strength of its phenomenal independent R&D capacity, OPPO is dedicated to products with superb quality, fashionable design and handy operation. Following the successful launches of MP3 players and MP4 players in China, OPPO officially released its first mobile phone in May 2008, and since then has been committed to building a world-class brand in the industry of high-quality and fashionable digital devices.
SOURCE Dirac Research
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1