|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 03:45 PM EST||
SOUTH NORWALK, Conn., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- North American Power, a New England energy company that has saved hundreds of thousands of customers money on their electric bills, is introducing their retail electricity supply service to the 400,000-plus customers of PSNH. Licensed by the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission (PUC), North American Power provides a lower cost, cleaner alternative to PSNH's electric supply.
"As we expand our service to New Hampshire in advance of PSNH's proposed 34% January rate increase, part of our goal is to demystify the process and educate consumers to help them save money," says North American Power CEO Kerry Breitbart. "Our 6 month guaranteed rate is 24% less than what PSNH proposed."
It's easy to switch to lower rates with a visit to www.LowElectricRate.com or by calling 1-877-572-1191. Customers just need to have a copy of their electric bill ready, and the process takes a few minutes. PSNH continues to deliver the electricity, bill customers, and handle customer service, outages and repairs the same way they always have.
The ability to choose competitive electric suppliers has been in place since 1996 in New Hampshire, allowing licensed suppliers like North American Power to buy electricity in the wholesale market and sell at retail to customers. Many large New Hampshire businesses have taken advantage of electric competition for over a decade. Now residential and small business customers can choose. It's easy to understand why North American Power's energy supply costs less; the energy rates at PSNH are based in large part on their higher cost coal plants while North American Power takes advantage of lower wholesale market prices that often rely on cleaner, more efficient mix of power facilities.
Breitbart adds, "Customers can pick their cable company and their cell phone provider by comparing prices and customizing a benefits package that works for their lifestyle – why should their electricity be any different?"
ABOUT NORTH AMERICAN POWER
Founded in 2009 by energy veterans, North American Power is one of the nation's fastest-growing energy suppliers, earning a spot on Forbes list of America's Most Promising Companies. Underscored by a commitment to community and sustainability, New England-based North American Power is giving Americans the ability to choose renewable energy and lower their utility bills with the flip of a switch, plus the opportunity to earn money by referring friends and family. North American Power currently serves over 200,000 customers in CT, IL, MD, NJ, NH, NY, OH and PA with plans to expand to additional markets in 2013. For more information, visit lowelectricrate.com.
*Savings are calculated based upon North American Power's 6 month fixed price offer of 7.29 cents per kilowatt-hour as compared to PSNH's proposed Default Service rate, as filed with the New Hampshire Public Commission on December 12, 2012. The PSNH proposed rate of 9.54 cents per kilowatt-hour is for the period of January 1, 2013 to June 30, 2013. The rate reduction does not apply to delivery charges and taxes.
Carrie Waible/CW&Co. 646.532.6730 or [email protected]
SOURCE North American Power
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1