|By PR Newswire||
|December 14, 2012 09:51 AM EST||
DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AAA Michigan strongly supports legislation which passed the Michigan Legislature early today to prohibit novice teen drivers from talking on cell phones while driving. Senate Bill 756, which was passed earlier this year by the Michigan Senate, was passed today by the Michigan House with a 74-33 vote. The bill is headed to Governor Rick Snyder for his consideration.
Under the legislation, teenage drivers with a Level 1 or 2 license will have to comply with cell phone restrictions. The only exemptions would be allowing new teen drivers to report a crash, emergency or crime. Numerous studies have shown that new teen drivers are far more likely to be involved in cell phone-related crashes than older, more experienced drivers.
The bill would allow police to issue a civil infraction to teens who are in violation of the new law. AAA Michigan encourages the passage of the law, referred to as "Kelsey's Law," named for Kelsey Raffaele, a 17-year-old Michigan resident who was killed while talking on her cell phone and driving.
To help new teen drivers – and their parents – AAA offers a web site, TeenDriving.AAA.com. This comprehensive resource provides extensive state-specific information and useful tools to help teens improve their driving skills. New drivers will find interactive exercises, quizzes and games as well as videos of experts and teens talking about safety. The site includes a downloadable parent-teen driving agreement.
SOURCE AAA Michigan
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1