|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 08:03 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Twist announces the launch of its free Android application. Previously only available on iPhone, the app automatically lets others know if you are running late and when you are on your way.
Whether it's due to traffic, underestimating travel time or getting lost, tardiness is a problem for millions of people. Despite the Department of Traffic's statistic that 24 percent of all motor vehicle crashes involve cell phone use, 25 percent of Americans admit to sending text messages or emails while driving to notify contacts of their current whereabouts when running late.
The effects of tardiness are also commonly discussed amongst experts such as Linda Sapadin, PhD to WebMD. "You're creating a reputation for yourself, and it's not the best reputation to be establishing," Sapadin said in an interview around being late. "People feel they can't trust you or rely on you, so it impacts relationships. It also impacts self-esteem."
Not only does lateness affect social reputations, but it also costs businesses more than $90 billion per year in lost productivity, according to a 2012 Harris Interactive Poll.
"Twist is a natural extension of the social calendar for me," said Twist CEO Bill Lee. "I realized that when I ran into a traffic delay, a meeting lasted too long or even when I couldn't find close enough parking, I'd be forced to engage in apologies and sporadic updates of when I'd be showing up to the person I was meeting. Twist removes the need to text and drive, and allows you to concentrate on arriving."
How it Works!
Rather than simply showing your location on a map, Twist's proprietary scheduling system accounts for traffic, different modes of transportation and a user's own habits to estimate your arrival time. The app can then automatically send an update to your predetermined contacts to let them know your current location and real-time ETA.
- Quickly create a Twist by selecting where the user is going and who they are meeting
- Twist then automatically identifies the user's current location, and syncs with calendars to suggest who the app should notify with the arrival time
- When the user leaves his or her starting location, the app automatically calculates arrival time and shares arrival updates via real-time GPS and traffic conditions
- People with or without the app receive real-time notifications via the app, SMS or email
With more than 100 million units shipped each quarter, and a 75 percent market share, Android users are not immune to the effects of lateness.
"After the successful launch of our iPhone app in July, there was a high demand from Android users to fast track this product," said Twist Co-Founder Mike Belshe. "We developed Twist so that both parties involved don't have to have the app installed, but the experience is enhanced when all users are utilizing the application."
Twist is the easiest and most accurate way to let people know when you are on your way. Twist's innovative scheduling system accounts for traffic, different modes of transportation and your own habits when estimating your arrival time. If you are delayed, Twist will automatically send an update to your predetermined contacts to let them know your current location and ETA.
Whether it's meeting up with friends, coordinating pick-up times or rushing to an urgent business appointment, Twist makes life easier by notifying those you select of your exact arrival time and eliminating the stress and headaches caused by uncertain wait times and travel delays. Twist, it's about time!
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1