|By PR Newswire||
|January 2, 2013 01:26 PM EST||
CANTON, Mass., Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dunkin' Donuts, America's all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, is kicking off 2013 with several "smart" new ways to help people hit the New Year running. To start, Dunkin' Donuts today launched its DDSMART® Twitter Sweepstakes, offering fans the chance to win a $50 Dunkin' Donuts mGift to help keep running with the brand's DDSMART menu of better-for-you food and beverages. Beginning today and continuing through Sunday, January 6, each day Dunkin' Donuts will ask a new question around the theme of running smartly in the year ahead. Fans who tweet an answer to @DunkinDonuts on Twitter using the special hashtag #DDSMART are eligible for a chance to win a $50 Dunkin' Donuts mGift. For additional terms and conditions related to Dunkin' Donuts' #DDSMART sweepstakes, please visit: http://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/promotions/DDSMART_twitter_sweepstakes_legal_rules.html
Dunkin' Donuts has also added the new Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich to its DDSMART menu in select markets. A delicious breakfast sandwich option under 400 calories, the Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich features a pepper fried egg, turkey sausage patty and a slice of reduced fat cheddar cheese, served on an oven-toasted English Muffin. The Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich is available for a limited time only at participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in New England and the Mid-Atlantic United States.
To help keep friends and family running in the New Year, Dunkin' Donuts has introduced a DDSMART-branded virtual Dunkin' Donuts Card. Virtual Dunkin' Donuts Cards can be sent via email, text or Facebook through the mGift feature on the Dunkin' Donuts mobile app, available for both iPhone and Android smartphones. With the mGift feature, users can send a variety of virtual Dunkin' Donuts cards, which can be redeemed directly from a mobile phone at any of the more than 6,000 participating U.S. Dunkin' Donuts locations. All Dunkin' Donuts mGifts can also be added directly to the Dunkin' App, reloaded right from the phone, and used as a fast, convenient way to pay every day.
To help runners of all skill sets hit the roads and races smartly in 2013, Dunkin' Donuts has partnered with Runner's World®, recognized as the worldwide authority on running information, to develop 5K and 10K training programs exclusively for Dunkin' Donuts. The programs are available in the DDSMART section on DunkinDonuts.com, along with several new articles written for Dunkin' Donuts by Runner's World, providing tips and advice to help runners of all ages and abilities achieve their personal health, fitness, and performance goals.
To help you eat better and keep running all year long, Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART menu offers an array of choices for guests seeking better-for-you options without compromising taste, quality or value. Many of these food and beverages have fewer than 300 calories, including:
- Egg White Flatbread Sandwiches (280 calories) are available in either Veggie or Turkey Sausage varieties. Both are served on toasted multigrain flatbread.
- Wake-Up Wraps are perfect for value-conscious, on-the-go people who want a fast, freshly-prepared breakfast option in a smaller portion size and with fewer calories than the usual breakfast sandwich. Wake-Up Wraps are available in several varieties, including Egg White Veggie (150 calories), Egg White Turkey Sausage (150 calories), Egg & Cheese (180 calories) and Ham, Egg & Cheese (200 calories).
- Small Latte Lite has 80 calories and is made with skim milk and Splenda®.
- Freshly-brewed unsweetened hot teas are all zero-calories.
- Freshly-brewed unsweetened small and medium Iced Teas have five calories.
January is National Oatmeal Month, and Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART menu also includes Quaker® Oatmeal, available in two hearty varieties, Original and Brown Sugar flavor, both of which are served with dried fruit. Dunkin' Donuts' Quaker® Oatmeal with dried fruit has 270 calories and the Brown Sugar flavor variety with dried fruit has 300 calories.
All Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART items meet at least one of the following criteria: 25% fewer calories; 25% less sugar, fat, saturated fat or sodium than comparable fare, and/or contain ingredients or nutrients that are nutritionally beneficial.
"Dunkin' Donuts is committed to offering a wide range of product choices so our guests can make decisions that are right for them," said Stan Frankenthaler, Dunkin' Brands' Executive Chef and Vice President of Product Innovation. "Our DDSMART menu provides people with delicious better-for-you foods and beverages that make it easy to eat smart on-the-go."
To learn more about Dunkin' Donuts, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/DunkinDonuts) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/DunkinDonuts).
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for six years running. The company has more than 10,000 restaurants in 32 countries worldwide. For the full-year 2011, Dunkin' Donuts' restaurants had global franchisee-reported sales of approximately $6.4 billion. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
SOURCE Dunkin' Donuts
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1