|By PR Newswire||
|January 2, 2013 05:24 PM EST||
DALLAS, Jan. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas weather is constantly changing from one extreme to another. With wintry weather and cold fronts expected at any time, Verizon Wireless, owner and operator of the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network, offers the following tips to help Texans stay warm and use their wireless phones when it's cold outside:
- Don't be caught off guard by bad weather this winter season. Use your resources. Stay abreast of road conditions and school and business closings via your local news stations.
- Remember that cold weather can take a toll on your cell phone's battery life. Charge your battery completely prior to leaving home and use a car charger for the road. There's nothing worse than being stuck in traffic or stranded on an icy road with an uncharged phone. Consider investing in an extra battery to use as a backup or a car charger.
- Show your phone a little TLC. The cold weather can cause your display screen to become brittle if exposed to low temperatures for an extended period. Improper handling can damage the delicate screens. Be sure to cover your devices and tablets with a protective case.
- Consider adding finger flip gloves to your winter holiday wardrobe. Remember you can't dial or access the keyboard on a touch screen with gloves.
- Keep your phone in a warm place; avoid leaving it in an outside pocket, purse, backpack or in the car overnight.
- Download free winter apps to your phone from Google play™ such as:
- Chili Recipes – Discover hundreds of Chili recipes and spice it up with a new twist on your favorite pot of Texas chili.
- The Weather Channel – The app will alert you when a Severe Weather Warning has been issued in your area, so you'll know what kind of winter weather is headed for Texas.
- FlightTrack – Get real-time flight status for airlines worldwide with a single tap! The app will update you on flight cancellations and help you find alternatives.
- ShoppeHUB – This app allows you to make secure purchases of cold weather gear, including winter clothing.
More Information Available
- Follow VZWNews on Twitter for ongoing network updates, enhancements and information.
- See video footage of Verizon Wireless' year-round network preparations across the country on YouTube and in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library.
- Find additional information on Verizon Wireless at www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves nearly 96 million retail customers, including 90.4 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 75,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1