|By PR Newswire||
|January 4, 2013 09:30 AM EST||
CHICAGO, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Zacks.com announces the list of stocks featured in the Analyst Blog. Every day the Zacks Equity Research analysts discuss the latest news and events impacting stocks and the financial markets. Stocks recently featured in the blog include Research In Motion Limited (Nasdaq:RIMM), InterDigital Inc. (Nasdaq:IDCC), Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK), Apple Inc. (Nasdaq:AAPL) and Google Inc. (Nasdaq:GOOG).
Get the most recent insight from Zacks Equity Research with the free Profit from the Pros newsletter: http://at.zacks.com/?id=5513
Here are highlights from Thursday's Analyst Blog:
RIMM Extends Patent License
Research In Motion Limited (Nasdaq:RIMM), the maker of Blackberry, has extended the terms of its patent license agreement with wireless technology developer InterDigital Inc. (Nasdaq:IDCC). The deal is believed to boost Research In Motion's patent portfolio ahead of the much awaited launch of its BB10-based smartphone.
Per the deal, the struggling handset manufacturer has extended its worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty bearing patent license deal for a multi-year period with InterDigital's patent holding subsidiary. Additionally, they have modified the contract to some extent by adding patent license for the LTE and LTE-Advanced products. However, the terms and financial details of the deal are yet to be disclosed.
Recently, Research In Motion ended a long-standing patent related dispute with Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK), whereby the former will make an upfront payment and will also continue to make payments to the Finish handset manufacturer for the use of its patents. It seems that Waterloo, Ontario-based Research In Motion doesn't want to remain in any patent related dispute before the launch of BB10-based device.
The beleaguered handset manufacturer has been struggling for quite some time owing to an increasing competition, primarily fromApple Inc.'s
(Nasdaq: AAPL) iPhone and from other smartphone manufacturers, which runs onGoogle Inc.'s
(Nasdaq: GOOG) Android platform.
The Canadian company is betting on its new Blackberry 10 OS-based devices, which are slated to release in the first half of 2013. The new smartphone with advanced feature could be a potential game changer, provided it can attract attention of more consumers.
Research In Motion doesn't have a lot of 4G enabled devices other than its Playbook tablet. With the increasing adaptation of 4G around the world, we believe this patent deal will aid the company to enrich its 4G enabled device count.
We maintain our long-term Neutral recommendation on Research In Motion. Currently, it holds a short-term Zacks #3 Rank (Hold).
Want more from Zacks Equity Research? Subscribe to the free Profit from the Pros newsletter: http://at.zacks.com/?id=5515.
About Zacks Equity Research
Zacks Equity Research provides the best of quantitative and qualitative analysis to help investors know what stocks to buy and which to sell for the long-term.
Continuous coverage is provided for a universe of 1,150 publicly traded stocks. Our analysts are organized by industry which gives them keen insights to developments that affect company profits and stock performance. Recommendations and target prices are six-month time horizons.
Zacks "Profit from the Pros" e-mail newsletter provides highlights of the latest analysis from Zacks Equity Research. Subscribe to this free newsletter today: http://at.zacks.com/?id=5517
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978 by Leon Zacks. As a PhD from MIT Len knew he could find patterns in stock market data that would lead to superior investment results. Amongst his many accomplishments was the formation of his proprietary stock picking system; the Zacks Rank, which continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3 to 1 margin. The best way to unlock the profitable stock recommendations and market insights of Zacks Investment Research is through our free daily email newsletter; Profit from the Pros. In short, it's your steady flow of Profitable ideas GUARANTEED to be worth your time! Register for your free subscription to Profit from the Pros at http://at.zacks.com/?id=5518.
Visit http://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Disclaimer: Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investors should always research companies and securities before making any investments. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security.
SOURCE Zacks Investment Research, Inc.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1