|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
ANAHEIM, Calif., Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- iViu Technologies, a location-based mobile media provider, today announced the company has been selected to join the founding members of the In-Location Alliance. iViu was appointed to the Alliance's System Architecture Working Group and is responsible for helping to lead the development of standards and use cases for network-centric delivery of location-aware content to mobile devices and mobile-centric location of mobile devices in the retail environment.
The In-Location Alliance is an industry consortium focused on accurate mobile indoor positioning and promoting deployment of location-based indoor services and solutions. The aim is to ensure a multivendor environment by promoting open interfaces and a standards-based approach. It will create an ecosystem that stimulates innovation, enhances service delivery, and accelerates the adoption of solutions and technologies that optimize the mobile experience.
"We are honored to have been invited to join the founding members of the In-Location Alliance and appointed to lead the development of protocols, standards and communication methods for determining indoor positioning and precise location of mobile devices in the retail environment," said Chris Turner, CEO of iViu Technologies. "Since iViu is singularly focused on location aware systems, we are farther advanced in indoor location detection. Over the past few years, we have created and perfected algorithms, messaging protocols and connectivity methodologies that will benefit the Alliance, others in the mobile ecosystem, and ultimately retailers and consumers."
Additional founding members of the In-Location Alliance include Broadcom, Insiteo, Samsung Electronics, Seolane Innovation, Sony Mobile Communications and others.
iViu has developed a location-aware mobile application for the retail industry, which pinpoints a customers' location, indoors, and offers real-time, relevant product, brand or in-store information to engage with customers through a branded in-store experience and drive purchase decisions. The iViu app is a universal, "gateway" application that connects users to multiple retailers, while being customized to reflect each brand's particular personality. To become an iViu Insider at retail establishments, visit the Apple App Store or Android Play Store to download the application and learn more.
About iViu Technologies
iViu Technologies is a location-aware system that empowers retailers to communicate relevant, timely, actionable information that is tailored to the preferences and current location of consumers. Using their patented system and a location-based smartphone application, iViu connects a brand's digital content with a consumer's physical presence. iViu's free app enables users to become "Information Insiders," receiving engaging content and promotions based on exact location and learned preferences as well as "Thought Leaders" with the ability to share observations with their social network. For retailers, iViu's industry-first universal application ensures standard location policies and practices, and can be designed to reflect their brand personality while deployed across multiple locations to ensure a unified user experience. For more information, visit www.iviutech.com
Lora Friedrichsen or
Global Results Comms (GRC)
+1 949 608 0276
SOURCE iViu Technologies
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1