|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2013 10:01 AM EST||
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif., Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- J.D. Power and Associates will host its inaugural Smart Homes & Digital Consumers Workshop at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show on January 9 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV. This free, half-day workshop will focus on digital innovation, smart homes and evolving consumer technologies.
"As a preeminent authority on consumer market research, J.D. Power is out front in providing organizations, businesses and industries key insights into the emerging digital lifestyle and its impact on innovation, application and service," said David Steele, senior director of the smart energy practice at J.D. Power and Associates.
The Smart Homes & Digital Consumers Workshop presents data from the 2012 J.D. Power and Associates Digital Lifestyle Study. This research focuses on consumer behaviors driving the adoption of digital lifestyle choices, including smart device adoption, new types of connected services and social networking trends.
"These services have the potential to draw new customers, increase the retention of current customers and lead to new recurring revenues across a broad set of industries," said Steele. "We believe our data and insights, along with the commentary from our participating executive panelists, will create engaging dialogue among our participants."
The J.D. Power and Associates Smart Homes & Digital Consumers Workshop will bring together leaders from the energy, telecommunications, appliance, technology and electric vehicle sectors, and will cover emerging trends in home automation, consumer preferences, technology advancements and how the digital experience, communications and consumer lifestyles are evolving. A networking reception will follow the workshop.
Other scheduled industry executive panelists include:
- Brian Wynne, President, Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA)
- Chris Williams, Senior Director, IntelligentHome Product Development, Time Warner Cable
- David VanderWaal, Director of Brand Marketing for Home Appliances, LG Electronics USA
- Eric Anderson, Senior Vice President Products, Control4
- Ogi Kavozovic, Vice President of Strategy and Product Marketing, Opower
- Risa Baron, Local Outreach Manager, San Diego Gas & Electric
- Scott McGaraghan, Director of Business Development, Nest
- William F. Davidson, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Qualcomm
J.D. Power analysts will also be available for interviews to discuss the company's exclusive perspectives on digital lifestyle choices and consumer behavior.
To register for the event or to learn more about J.D. Power digital lifestyle research visit: http://marketingforms.jdpa.com/forms/SmartHomesDigitalConsumersWorkshop.
If you are a member of the media and would like to attend the event or speak with a J.D. Power research expert at the show, please contact Syvetril Perryman at [email protected].
About J.D. Power and Associates
Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power and Associates is a global marketing information services company providing forecasting, performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions. The company's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com. J.D. Power and Associates is a business unit of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
About The McGraw-Hill Companies
McGraw-Hill announced on September 12, 2011, its intention to separate into two public companies: McGraw-Hill Financial, a leading provider of content and analytics to global financial markets, and McGraw-Hill Education, a leading education company focused on digital learning and education services worldwide. McGraw-
Hill Financial's leading brands include Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Indices, Platts energy information services and J.D. Power and Associates. With sales of $6.2 billion in 2011, the Corporation has approximately 23,000 employees across more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Additional information is available at http://www.mcgraw-hill.com/.
No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power and Associates. www.jdpower.com/corporate
SOURCE J.D. Power and Associates
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1