|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
GENBAND, a leading developer of IMS and cloud communications solutions, today announced that Timico, a leading independent managed communications service provider specializing in converged communication, networking and hosting solutions for UK businesses, has selected GENBAND’s advanced Unified Communications (UC) solution to bring new mobility services and offerings to its business customers. As part of an end-to-end enhancement of Timico’s business offering, GENBAND is expanding the already-deployed UC solution with new capabilities for receptionists, desktop clients and smartphone applications. Timico is also deploying GENBAND’s interconnect solutions for SIP Trunking and SIP multimedia services for its small, medium and large enterprise customers.
“As the workforce becomes increasingly mobile and geographically dispersed, we continue to expand our offerings to meet the expectation of anywhere, anytime on any device availability,” said Trefor Davies, CTO for Timico. “By expanding our longstanding relationship with GENBAND, we are able to offer a really innovative and feature-rich platform with the latest in mobility solutions for the desktop computer, smartphone and tablets at extremely competitive rates – revolutionizing the business unified communications market in the UK.”
Davies added, “Combining GENBAND’s advanced mobility and interconnect capabilities provides us with a powerful end-to-end solution that allows us to extend to our customers all of the benefits of unified communications, while simultaneously supporting secure SIP Trunking and seamless connectivity to other networks for advanced, cost effective delivery of voice services.”
The market-leading GENBAND Unified Communications solution has fully integrated multimedia applications for voice, video, conferencing, instant messaging, voice and visual messaging, presence, collaboration and mobility. GENBAND’s Unified Communications solution provides an all-mobile corporate phone system for small-to-medium businesses and large enterprises. Additionally, the solution allows end-users to use their mobile handset as if it were wired directly to their business office – with the same features, dial plan, calling line ID and long distance plan as their main office phone.
“Today, employees use their company-provided mobile phone as a primary communications device for conducting business, and with GENBAND’s Unified Communications solution they turn their car, coffee house or mobile hotspot into a virtual office,” said B.G. Kumar, President of GENBAND’s Multimedia Business Unit. “This extension of our relationship demonstrates Timico’s commitment to mobile innovation, and we are pleased to provide them with a leading set of enterprise telephony, Unified Communications, IP interconnect and SIP Trunking capabilities through the deployment of GENBAND’s Applications and SBC solutions.”
GENBAND’s intelligent interconnect solution, which is powered by its Session Border Controller simplifies the network edge by securely managing, routing, and controlling real-time voice and multimedia sessions. It is a proven leader across a wide spectrum of applications including IP Interconnect, IP Exchange (IPX), Enterprise Unified Communications, SIP Business Trunking, Residential Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Voice over Long Term Evolution (VoLTE) and the Rich Communications Suite (RCS) applications.
Timico already deploys GENBAND solutions across small-to-medium and large customer IP networks, including Honda UK, The British Medical Association and Mitsubishi.
Timico is an independent managed communications service provider specialising in converged communication, networking and hosting solutions for UK businesses. http://www.timico.co.uk/.
GENBAND is a leading developer of IMS and cloud communications solutions, enabling service providers and enterprises around the world to evolve communications networks through IP and Rich Communications innovation. One of the world’s leading innovators in IP communications, GENBAND offers market-leading applications and software solutions that support multimedia voice, data and video communications. GENBAND is headquartered in Frisco, Texas, and has products deployed in over 600 customer networks spanning more than 80 countries. To learn more, visit us on the web at www.GENBAND.com.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon are trademarks of GENBAND.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1