|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 08:02 AM EST||
Consumer Electronics Show, Eureka Park Booth #74309--Evado Filip™ today introduced what is believed to be the world’s smallest commercially available communications and location device, specifically designed to keep children and parents in touch.1 The VIVOplay™ seamlessly combines two key elements not currently found in other mobile offerings for families – communications and safety – to keep families close in situations where existing location and communications technologies fail or are not appropriate.
Evado Filip offers the VIVOplay in a variety of colors and customization options. (Photo: Business Wire)
Nearly 800,000 children go missing each year, according to a report by the U.S. Department of Justice. VIVOplay allows children to easily reach their parents when they need to and lets parents call their children and track their child’s location in the event of an emergency with a simple, custom-designed smartphone app. Designed from a parent’s perspective, VIVOplay delivers all the benefits of a cell phone while minimizing the concerns that keep parents from buying mobile phones for children ages 5-12 such as cyber bullying, sexting and texting charges.
VIVOplay marries GPS, WiFi and GSM technologies, offering seamless communication both indoors and out. The VIVOplay is water resistant and flexible enough to be worn as a wristwatch or fit into custom accessories to meet individual tastes and to keep it from getting lost.
Key VIVOplay Features
- Keep in touch, easily and securely – The VIVOplay enables children to call up to five pre-selected phone numbers with the touch of a button and receive incoming calls and text messages from pre-approved people. Parents are able to control the device from a simple, custom-designed smartphone app.
- Fast and accurate location – Combining all three location technologies (GPS, Wi-Fi and GSM) for improved accuracy, VIVOplay displays its location on the parent’s smartphone app.
- Safety zones – Using a simple custom-designed app available for both iPhone and Android smartphones, parents can set up rules for “safety zones” to alert them if their child enters or leaves designated locations by sending a notification to their smartphone.
- Emergency button – VIVOplay features an emergency button that when pressed will call up to five pre-programmed numbers and alert them to the child’s location. At the same time, the VIVOplay will begin recording audio and location information, which is then automatically saved.
- Easy to find – According to a 2012 Harris survey, one of the top worries keeping parents from buying children mobile phones is their concern about the devices being lost and the cost of replacing them. With the VIVOplay Locator, parents can find a misplaced device with the push of a button.
“After a frightening personal experience where I briefly lost my young son, Filip, in a mall, I realized that a communications and location device for children was not a nice-to-have but a must-have,” said Sten Kirkbak, founder and CEO of Evado Filip. “VIVOplay allows parents to be able to speak with and find their child with a simple, easy-to-use mobile device that has functionality appropriate for young children.”
Pricing and Availability
Evado Filip is working with several global carriers to bring VIVOplay to market. The company will begin accepting pre-orders at evadofilip.com in Q2 2013.
About Evado Filip
Evado Filip is focused on developing hardware, software and services designed to keep families in touch. Its products combine the two most important elements in family mobile offerings – communications and safety. The company’s flagship device, VIVOplay, is the smallest commercially available mobile communications and location device designed to help families keep in touch in situations where existing location and communications technology fail. Founded in 2010, Evado Filip is privately held with headquarters in London and U.S. offices in New York and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information, please visit www.evadofilip.com.
1 Based on internal battery and display with three different location technologies and the ability to call several phone numbers.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1