|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
OmniPay, a First Data company and global payments processor, today announced that it is to create 30 new jobs at its headquarters in Clonskeagh, Dublin, bringing its total workforce to almost 200 people over the next six months. OmniPay is funding this growth with an investment that will primarily be used to develop and extend its global payments processing platform, which currently processes more than one billion transactions on behalf of 31 merchant acquiring banks and payment processors worldwide.
OmniPay today announced that it is to create 30 new jobs at its headquarters in Clonskeagh, Dublin, bringing its total workforce to almost 200 people over the next six months. OmniPay is funding this growth with an investment that will primarily be used to develop and extend its global payments processing platform, which currently processes more than one billion transactions on behalf of 31 merchant acquiring banks and payment processors worldwide. Pictured at the announcement are (L to R) Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Richard Bruton, TD; Hubert O’Donoghue, CEO, OmniPay and John Power, sales & marketing director, OmniPay.(Photo: Business Wire)
OmniPay was founded in Dublin, Ireland, in 2000 and currently employs 165 people. Its business has grown significantly in recent years.
The best-performing markets for OmniPay are Europe, North America and Asia Pacific, with the investment seeing further development of OmniPay’s services to Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa and India. As a result a wide range of highly-skilled technology, customer service and professional services roles are being created, including project managers, business analysts, systems developers and quality assurance specialists.
Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Richard Bruton TD, said: “International financial services is a sector targeted under the Government’s Action Plan for Jobs, and we believe that with the correct supports we can drive the creation of 10,000 additional jobs by 2016. Today’s announcement that OmniPay, an innovative company in this sector, is creating an additional 30 jobs in Ireland adds to a growing list of positive financial services announcements in recent months. I am determined to ensure that, by putting in place the right supports and through an intensive programme of trade and investment missions, we can build on this and create the jobs we need”.
Hubert O’Donoghue, CEO and co-founder of OmniPay, commented: “This announcement is not only great news for OmniPay, but also for the burgeoning payments industry in Ireland. It’s exciting that we are adding more high quality roles into our business and the local industry. OmniPay delivers one of the world’s largest single global payments infrastructure, managing more than a billion payments annually. Each new hire will be joining a business that is perfectly positioned for sustained international growth.”
Barry O’Leary, CEO, Industrial Development Agency Ireland, added: “Ireland is rapidly becoming one of the world’s leading locations for companies in the payment’s industry. Companies in the payments industry locate here to gain access to our technological infrastructure as well as our talented graduates. The growing number of payment’s companies locating in Ireland comes as a result of the IDA’s strategy to focus on targeting particular industries and creating “clusters”.
In April 2012 First Data, a global leader in electronic commerce and payment processing, announced it had acquired the remaining equity stake in OmniPay, from FEXCO, bringing its ownership to 100 percent. First Data has had an equity investment in OmniPay since 2002 and took a majority equity interest in the company in August 2006.
For further information about vacancies at OmniPay please visit http://www.omnipaygroup.com/vacancies.html
About The Industrial Development Agency Ireland
Ireland’s inward investment promotion agency, IDA Ireland (Industrial Development Agency) is responsible for the attraction and development of foreign investment in Ireland. Find out about the Services, funding and incentives IDA Ireland makes available to new and existing clients here.
OmniPay is a global provider of innovative and functionally rich electronic payment processing services to acquiring banks. The company was established in Ireland in 2000 to enable financial institutions, and their merchant customers, to accept payment transactions, both in the face-to-face and online eCommerce environments. Today, OmniPay supports 31 acquiring banks and 5.4 million merchants in 73 countries and 149 currencies. OmniPay is wholly owned by First Data, one of the world’s largest providers of merchant processing services. www.omnipaygroup.com
About First Data
Around the world, every second of every day, First Data makes payment transactions secure, fast and easy for merchants, financial institutions and their customers. First Data leverages its vast product portfolio and expertise to drive customer revenue and profitability. Whether the choice of payment is by debit or credit card, gift card, check or mobile phone, online or at the checkout counter, First Data takes every opportunity to go beyond the transaction. www.firstdata.com
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1