|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 09:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Mobile network operators are facing unprecedented competition driven by Over-the-Top (OTT) players, Google, and the evolving ecosystem including inexpensive voice and data bearer services. The Mobile Network Operator Revenue Improvement and Profitability Enhancement subscription service provides the mobile network operator with key information to identify and understand: - What Value-added Services (VAS) to deploy to generate new revenue streams, enhance profitability, and differentiate versus the competition- How to position the network for success in a post-LTE world including network optimization, BSS/OSS, services integration and orchestration, and more- What key commerce, content, communications and applications to gain customer stickiness and intimacy, leading to more loyal and profitable customers- How to leverage existing assets for new revenue streams including subscriber data, carrier API extension, management of third-parties and their solutions, and more
Target AudienceMobile network operators
Table of ContentsCurrent reports included in the service are:
- Wi-Fi Direct Solutions and Applications
- Wireless Security Market in LTE Networks 2013-2018
- Social Local Mobile (SoLoMo) Game-Play Behavior in Free2Play, Virtual Goods & Hybrid Ecosystem
- Market Opportunity: Social + LTE + Commerce
- Strategic Alliances in the Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Ecosystem
- Wi-Fi Direct: Market View of Product Categories, Products, and Vendors
- HTML5 Solutions and Applications
- Market Opportunity: Wi-Fi Direct
- Hybrid Mobile-Cloud Computing: Driving the Future of Enterprise Mobility
- Machine to Machine (M2M) Applications in the Cloud
- Market Opportunity: Super WiFi
- Cloud Telephony: Technology and Market Analysis & Forecast 2012-2017
- Mobile Marketing & Advertising 2013: Challenges and Opportunities
- Carrier WiFi and Small Cells in LTE & Beyond: Market Opportunities and Forecasts 2012 - 2017
- Why BYOT is More Important than BYOD
- SoLoMo Gaming in 3G, LTE, Cloud, and HTML5 Ecosystem: Market Analysis & Forecast 2012 - 2017
- Mobile Gaming Piracy: Market Analysis, Initiatives and Solutions to Defeat Game Piracy in 3G, LTE and the Cloud Ecosystem
- The Future of App Stores
- The ROI of Video in an LTE World
- Augmented Reality: Global Market Analysis and Forecast 2012 - 2017
- M2M Solutions: Global Market Analysis and Forecasts 2012 - 2017
- Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Market, Industry Verticals, Business Strategy and Planning
- SoMoClo: The Convergence of Social, Mobile, and Cloud Solutions and Applications
- Cloud Application Marketplace 2012 - 2017
- Big Data in ICT and Telecom: Transforming Industry Verticals 2012 - 2017
- Mobile Security and Privacy in 3G & LTE: Strategies, Solutions and Market Forecast Analysis 2012-2017
- Google vs. Carriers: SWOT Analysis and Future of Telecom and Commerce
- Subscriber Data Management (SDM) with LTE and Beyond: Market Opportunities and Forecast 2012 - 2017
- IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) Challenges and Opportunities in Multi-Application Environment
- Telecom Network APIs 2012 - 2016
- The Evolution of Google: Communications, Content, Commerce and Applications 2012 - 2017
- Mobile Bar Code Marketing: Challenges, Opportunities, Global Outlook 2012-2017
- Mobile Commerce Carrier Strategies
- Computing, Content, Applications, and Commerce in the Cloud: Legacy Network Operator Threats and Opportunities
- Mobile VAS Markets, Applications, and Opportunities - 2nd Edition
- Mobile Commerce in the Cloud: The Impact of Cloud-based Operations on Mobile Business Models and Operations
- Self Organizing Networks (SON): Challenges and Market Opportunities for LTE and Beyond, Second Edition
- Mobile Location Commerce 2012 - 2017
- LTE Operator Strategies: Key Drivers, Deployment Strategies, CAPEX, OPEX, Price Plans, ARPUs and Service Revenues 2012 - 2016
- IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) : The Market for Applications & Services 2012-2017
- State of the Cloud: Analysis of Cloud Services, Companies, and Applications
- Future Direction of the Android Platform
- Mobile Applications and Widgets: Portable Applications on Mobile Platforms, Fifth Edition
- Network Operator Monetization Strategies: Leveraging New Sources of Revenue
- Smartphones: New User Paradigms and Behaviors
- Next Generation Mobile Commerce: Beyond Cell Phones
- Mobile Applications Stores 2012: Europe - Market Analysis and Business Assessment
- Mobile Applications Stores 2012: North America - Market Analysis and Business Assessment
- SIP Trunking: Next Generation Call Processing Drives Lower Cost Communications
- End-to-End M2M, Fifth Edition
- M2M and Connected Vehicles
- LTE Strategy 2012 - 2017
- Market Opportunity: Mobile Phone Augmented Reality
- Indoor Location Solutions and Services: Challenges, Opportunities & Market Outlook
- Market Opportunity: Call Continuity in Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- Market Opportunity: mVoIP + Social + Presence
- Market Opportunity: Free VoIP over Wireless vs. VoLTE
- Where is the Money in Near Field Communications?
- Market Opportunity: Location-based Services (LBS) Mediation and Federation
- Mobile Local Search Market
- Market Analysis and Benefit Realization Management (BRM) Solutions
- Near Field Communications (NFC) Markets: Challenges, Opportunities, and Market Forecast to 2016
- Next Generation Network Application Market Outlook and Business Drivers
- Unified Communications (UC) over IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS): Solutions and Market/Business Analysis
- Monetizing the NGN Investment: Market Prospects and Business Case for IMS and SDP based Applications
- 5G: The NanoCore
- Mobile Proximity and Location Based Advertising within Reach
- Hybrid TV and Over the Top TV Status Report
- Local Search Meets Social Search
Subscribers will also receive Carrier Competitive Analysis for major mobile network operators. This analysis includes the following:
- Pricing (price wars)- Growth prospects (where and how)- Revenue, margins, and profitability expectations- MNVO future expectations- Applications (P2A, P2P, and A2A/M2M)- IP/patent review- Acquisition targets- Key suppliers
Additional reports coming in 1Q 2013 (partial list of annual reports):
- End-to-End M2M Sixth Edition
- LMR and LTE in Industry Verticals
- Mobile Social TV: Opportunities for Social Networking, Advertising, and Commerce
- Market Opportunity: Mobile Free to End-user (FTEU) Services
- Mobile Network Operator Role in Personal Cloud Services
- Mobile and Wireless Network Operator Growth Expectations
- New Business Models for Mobile Network Operators
- Future of Mobile Cellular Communications
Email: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" in this scenario: microservice A (releases daily) depends on a couple of additions to backend B (re...
Dec. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 481
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 395
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 250
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application delivery by allowing increasingly popular Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (mBaaS) platforms to quickly crea...
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 396
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound effect on the world, and what should we expect to see over the next couple of years.
Dec. 1, 2015 06:30 AM EST Reads: 514
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, wil...
Dec. 1, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 620
PubNub has announced the release of BLOCKS, a set of customizable microservices that give developers a simple way to add code and deploy features for realtime apps.PubNub BLOCKS executes business logic directly on the data streaming through PubNub’s network without splitting it off to an intermediary server controlled by the customer. This revolutionary approach streamlines app development, reduces endpoint-to-endpoint latency, and allows apps to better leverage the enormous scalability of PubNub’s Data Stream Network.
Dec. 1, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 359
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Ben Perlmutter, a Sales Engineer with IBM Cloudant, demonstrated techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk was on IBM Cloudant, Apache CouchDB, and ...
Dec. 1, 2015 04:45 AM EST Reads: 458
I recently attended and was a speaker at the 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I also had the opportunity to attend this event last year and I wrote a blog from that show talking about how the “Enterprise Impact of IoT” was a key theme of last year’s show. I was curious to see if the same theme would still resonate 365 days later and what, if any, changes I would see in the content presented.
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 470
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical to maintaining positive ROI. Raxak Protect is an automated security compliance SaaS platform and ma...
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 469
Most of the IoT Gateway scenarios involve collecting data from machines/processing and pushing data upstream to cloud for further analytics. The gateway hardware varies from Raspberry Pi to Industrial PCs. The document states the process of allowing deploying polyglot data pipelining software with the clear notion of supporting immutability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Shashank Jain, a development architect for SAP Labs, discussed the objective, which is to automate the IoT deployment process from development to production scenarios using Docker containers.
Dec. 1, 2015 01:15 AM EST Reads: 127
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry – resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his general session at 17th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, an IBM Company, broke down what we have to work with, discussed the benefits and pitfalls and how we can best use them to design hosted applications.
Nov. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EST Reads: 116
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Nov. 30, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 497
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 30, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 375
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Summit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, demonstrated examples of com...
Nov. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 439
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningful and actionable insights. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Paul Turner, Chief Marketing Officer at...
Nov. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 442
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 542
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 347
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Nov. 30, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 469
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessions, I wanted to share some of my observations on emerging trends. As cyber security serves as a fou...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 361