|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 01:10 PM EST||
Cellcontrol™, the industry’s leading developer of distracted driving solutions, announced today at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) that it is the first tech firm to offer its patented non-pairing Bluetooth communication technology to aftermarket automotive suppliers of next-generation multi-media, navigation units and Android powered receivers. Utilizing real time vehicle status, Cellcontrol instantly blocks the inappropriate or illegal use of a driver’s cell phone, tablet, laptop computer or other mobile device while driving.
As mobile devices such as phones and tablets become increasingly sophisticated and powerful, they also become more distracting to drivers. Last year the US Department of Transportation issued guidelines to the automotive industry urging them to build into every vehicle the capability to limit the use of distracting features for drivers in a moving vehicle, including mobile devices. To accomplish that objective, the automotive industry need a way to communicate speed or motion to the driver’s phone within a moving vehicle. Cellcontrol’s non-pairing Bluetooth solution provides that platform, which is far more automated, more effective, and less invasive than traditional pairing methods.
“By offering our signaling technology to the aftermarket automotive industry, we believe we can set a safety foundation for the industry to build truly effective solutions for stopping distracted driving,” said Kevin Coppolino, vice president of Cellcontrol. “In addition, there is virtually no manufacturing or technology integration cost for an aftermarket vendor to add this capability to their next generation multimedia and navigation units.”
To demonstrate how the technology works, Cellcontrol executives attending CES will be offering free in-car demonstrations on the streets of Las Vegas during the last two days of the show. To reserve a demonstration, please contact public relations director, David Splivalo, at 703-798-2395 or email him at [email protected]. Cellcontrol is located at booth #3233 in the North Hall at the CES.
Cellcontrol, based in Baton Rouge, La., is the most accurate, secure and dependable solution for distracted driving caused by cellular phones and other mobile devices. Cellcontrol uses the automobile’s computer and phone/device software to put a stop to texting, e-mail, Web browsing and phone use while operating a vehicle, and to record key telematics parameters for one vehicle or a fleet. For more information on Cellcontrol, go to www.cellcontrol.com.
Cellcontrol™ is a registered trademark of obdEdge, a Baton Rouge, Louisiana based company.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1