|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 02:00 PM EST||
PITTSBURGH, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As many consumers begin the new year facing post-holiday bills and feeling uncertain about the economy, multi-format food and fuel retailer Giant Eagle, Inc. announced today a new Winter Low Price Lock on hundreds of popular products. Giant Eagle launched its first Low Price Lock campaign in October of last year, and the program quickly became popular with customers. The Winter Low Price Lock provides a degree of predictability in family budgets, as the prices of the designated items will remain constant, even if product and commodity costs increase.
"Due to the positive customer response to our Low Price Lock during the holiday season, we are freezing prices all winter long," said Giant Eagle Senior Director of Corporate Communications Rob Borella. "Not only is Giant Eagle extending price locks on many of the most popular items from October's campaign, but also we have added hundreds of new products often on shoppers' lists," he noted. Borella concluded, "The Winter Low Price Lock campaign is another multi-million dollar investment Giant Eagle is making to give customers everyday low prices they can count on as they start 2013 with budget-friendly meals in mind."
The Winter Low Price Lock item list includes a combination of national brands like Nestle, Tropicana, and Sugardale, as well as Giant Eagle brand products from across the store including meat, seafood, produce, deli, dairy, grocery, bakery, prepared foods and health & beauty items. Many seasonal items extended from the original program such Nestle Cocoa, Giant Eagle Oatmeal and Blistex lip care remain at the same prices, as well as a variety of everyday items including Giant Eagle Greek yogurt and white bread, navel oranges, potatoes, pork tenderloin and eight-piece fried chicken. Additionally, non-food items including free pre-natal vitamins and $4 and $10 generic prescription drugs in the Pharmacy department, along with the Net10 Samsung S390G mobile phone, continue to be locked.
Examples of newly introduced items in the Winter Low Price Lock include:
Sugardale bacon, $3.99 per pound
Fresh roasted chicken, $1.99 per pound
Dove bar soap, six bar count, $6.99
Giant Eagle cream cheese, 8 oz., $1.79
Top Care Ibuprofen, 40-count bottle, $3.99
Tropicana orange juice, 89 oz., $4.99
Hot Pockets, 7.5 – 9 oz., $2.00
Huggies and Pampers diapers (various counts), $9.99 to $24.99
The Low Price Lock is one of many ways Giant Eagle customers save in-store, including competitive everyday prices, great weekly specials, loyalty rewards including fuelperks! and coupon doubling up to 99 cents.
About Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 29 on Forbes magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately $9.9 billion in annual sales. Giant Eagle is also a recent recipient of Grocery Headquarters' Retailer of the Year Award and the EPA's ENERGY STAR Retail Partner of the Year Award. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 230 supermarkets and 182 fuel and convenience stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
SOURCE Giant Eagle
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1