|By Marketwired .||
|January 10, 2013 04:30 PM EST||
MILPITAS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/13 -- JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) (TSX: JDU) today announced two executive appointments, naming Rex Jackson as executive vice president and chief financial officer, and Susan Spradley as senior vice president with responsibility for the development and management of the company's communications test and measurement product portfolio.
Jackson reports to Tom Waechter, JDSU's president and chief executive officer, and has served as acting CFO since September 2012. He joined JDSU two years ago as senior vice president, Business Services, with responsibility for several corporate functions, including Information Technology, where he has driven significant operational improvements. Jackson brings strong financial management experience to the company. Prior to JDSU, he served as executive vice president and chief financial officer at Symyx Technologies, where he led the company's acquisition of MDL Information Systems and subsequent merger with Accelrys. Jackson also served as acting CFO at Synopsys and held executive positions with Avago, AdForce and Read-Rite.
"Rex's strong performance as acting CFO and his deep knowledge of the company's strategy to drive profitable growth -- combined with his prior experience as a public company CFO -- make him an excellent choice for this key leadership position," said Waechter.
Susan Spradley joins JDSU as senior vice president and general manager of the Communications Test and Measurement (CommTest) business segment. Reporting to David Heard, CommTest's president, she is responsible for the development and management of the communications test product portfolio, including instruments, probes, software applications and service assurance solutions. Spradley brings more than 20 years of telecommunications industry experience to JDSU, serving in executive positions at Nokia Siemens Networks and Nortel. Spradley was appointed by the President of the United States to serve on the National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee and is chair of a White House and National Science Foundation initiative, called U.S. Ignite, to promote U.S. leadership in developing applications and services for broadband and software-defined networks.
"Sue brings unique experience and strong relationships with the world's leading network equipment manufacturers and service providers to JDSU," said Heard. "She is ideally suited to advance our communications test growth strategy as we transition from traditional test and measurement to providing an integrated portfolio of instruments and software for the enablement of networks, services and applications."
Learn more about Sue Spradley in this recent video interview.
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) (TSX: JDU) innovates and collaborates with customers to build and operate the highest-performing and highest-value networks in the world. Our diverse technology portfolio also fights counterfeiting and enables high-powered commercial lasers for a range of applications. Learn more about JDSU at www.jdsu.com and follow us on JDSU Perspectives, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1