|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 12:47 PM EST||
CHESTER, England, January 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- First Direct winner of the Best Overall Provider award
MoneySupermarket, the UK's number one comparison website, today announced the winners of the 2012 'Supers' awards. The 'Supers' award the financial services companies that have provided the very best products and services in the last year - as judged by MoneySupermarket customers and leading independent experts. Times are tough for people in the UK and having access to great products to help them save and manage their money is increasingly important.
The winners of the 2012 'Supers' awards are as follows:
Best Current Account Provider - First Direct
Shortlisted - The Co-operative Bank, First Direct, Santander
Best Savings Account Provider - Santander
Shortlisted - Halifax, ING Direct, Post Office, Santander
Best Mortgage Provider - HSBC
Shortlisted - Chelsea BS, First Direct, HSBC, NatWest
Best Credit Card Provider - Barclaycard
Shortlisted - Barclaycard, Halifax, Tesco Bank
Best Loans Provider - Sainsbury's Bank
Shortlisted - Derbyshire BS, Sainsbury's Bank, Tesco
Product Innovation Award - Santander 123 Current Account
Shortlisted - Santander 123 Current Account, Santander 123 Credit Card, Nationwide BS for 'Savings Watch'
Best Overall Provider - First Direct
Highly commended - Santander
Kevin Mountford, head of banking at MoneySupermarket, said: "The MoneySupermarket 'Supers' awards recognise those brands that have stood out from the pack during 2012. Despite on-going challenges for the industry as a whole, we have seen many banks and building societies continue to offer a range of competitive deals for consumers. More importantly, feedback from our customers, who purchase and use these products on a daily basis, was vitally important and we have taken their feedback on board in deciding the winners.
"For the second year running, First Direct has taken the crown for the 'Best Overall Provider' award, being recognised by both its customers and our judges for the lead position it holds in the market. Once again, First Direct's customer service was ahead of its rivals, scoring consistently across all of its main product areas."
MoneySupermarket.com compares (at 27th Dec 2012)
- 134 car insurance brands and 97 home insurance brands
- 9 broadband providers and 20 energy providers
- 31 unsecured loan and 5 secured loan providers
- 62 mortgage lenders and 26 credit card providers
- 63 savings providers and 38 current account providers
- Over 650,000 mobile phone deals
We help our customers to save money on all of their household bills by providing a free, easy to use online service so they can compare a wide range of products in one place and find the product most suited to their needs. Our size means we are able to offer our customers exclusive, market-leading deals, including some they can't even get direct from providers.
By having considerable volumes of informed customers actively looking for products and ready to purchase, we offer our providers an efficient and cost effective customer acquisition solution across all of our channels. This enables our providers to target their marketing spend in an effective and completely measurable way.
Our revenue comes predominantly from fees paid to us by product providers when a customer clicks through to their website and actually applies for or purchases a product. It is a success based marketing fee.
Our customer commitment
- We make it easy to find the brands you expect to see
- We strive to ensure a product cannot be found cheaper by going direct
- We let you remain in control of your personal data
- We are independent and impartial
- We make it easy to switch and save
- We strive to always show the most competitive product available
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1