|By Business Wire||
|January 14, 2013 02:40 PM EST||
A.G. Findings & Mfg Co., parent of Ballistic Case Company, a designer of advanced accessories for mobile electronic devices, today announced it has filed a complaint for unfair competition and infringement of its intellectual property rights against Valor Communication, Inc.
AGF filed this complaint in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, alleging that Valor infringes AGF’s intellectual property rights associated with its Shell Gell (SG) Series line of protective cases for mobile phones and is unfairly competing with AGF.
“Ballistic’s products are associated with innovative designs, engineering expertise, and high quality materials, and we’ve filed the lawsuit against Valor to stop the company from copying our product designs,” said Alan Kleinman, CFO, A.G. Findings & Mfg. “The market for protective device cases is large enough that companies should not have to resort to copying the designs of industry leaders like Ballistic.”
AGF is asking for damages and attorneys’ fees and court costs, the destruction of the Valor cases that infringe on AGF’s Shell Gell (SG) Series line, and an injunction against the importation and sale of infringing cases.
“Ballistic is an innovator of high quality protective device cases and has intellectual property associated with its innovative designs,” added Kleinman. “We protect our intellectual property rights in order to protect our interests and those of our customers.”
For more information on Ballistic’s copyright infringement complaint or additional details on the company please contact PR representative Kristen Bean at (305) 374-4404 x123 or [email protected].
About Ballistic® Case Company
The Ballistic® brand was born approximately 6 years ago; however, it gained new purpose in the last few years. The popularity of rugged cases created opportunity for Ballistic. A quart of Ballistic’s employees are engineers with experience building high quality OEM accessories.
Unlike other cases, which were marketed as rugged, our engineers knew they could design a better case using their unique skills. Our goals were simple: build the best engineered case, offering the highest degree of drop protection and customer satisfaction. Our designs include many unique features, such as rubber on the inside to prevent scratches, absorb shock and promote cooling airflow.
Additionally, we offer a high degree of customization with optional layers, holsters that work with and without those layers, as well interchangeable bumpers to customize your level of protection and your look. Ballistic cases include patent pending features, such as flash isolation modules, energy absorbing corners and customized multiple layers.
We think everyone will drop their device. We say, “Just Drop It!” – as long as you are using a Ballistic case. Ballistic cases are designed to Survive Life! ™
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1