|By Marketwired .||
|January 15, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba -- www.telecom.toshiba.com), today announced a significant new upgrade (Release 1.5) to its IPedge® family of IP business telephone systems for small to medium-sized businesses. New features now include IPMobility mobile client, voice mail survivability via direct cluster networking, integrated gateway wizards and much more. Release 1.5 upgrades are for Toshiba's IPedge EM (up to 1,000 users), IPedge EC (up to 200 users), and IPedge EP (up to 40 users) models.
"Now with IPMobility, IPedge empowers SMBs and multi-site enterprises with the smartphone features they need to communicate more efficiently, cost effectively and reliably," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. "Now faster and easier to install, set-up, and use, IPedge Release 1.5 gives companies a robust IP telephone solution that is backed by Toshiba's best-in-class reliability."
IPMobility Extends IPedge to Apple iOS and Android Mobile Devices
Toshiba's IPMobility client application for IPedge provides single number reach to Apple® and Android smartphone devices for both incoming and outgoing calls. Single number reach means users only need to provide their office telephone numbers to receive incoming calls. This utilizes the existing IPedge follow-me feature, which provides options to choose either sequential or simultaneous ring to the desk phone and mobile phone.
For outgoing calls, IPMobility dials through the IPedge, displaying the office number caller ID and providing least cost routing for long distance and international calls. The user has the option to either dial directly through the IPedge or have the IPedge call back the user before making the outbound call in order to avoid mobile network long-distance charges. IPMobility accesses advanced system calling features including extension dialing, call transfer, and call record, among others.
In addition, IPMobility provides visual voice mail to remotely manage and control IPedge Messaging voice mailboxes. From a mobile phone, users can view, play, reply, and forward their voice and fax messages, and manage their greetings, name recordings and mailbox passwords.
Voice Mail Survivability for Comprehensive Survivability Solution
Along with the existing IP phone, Call Manager, and secondary master database survivability, IPedge now supports voice mail survivability for an end-to-end survivability solution. IPedge utilizes direct cluster networking technology in which each enabled node retains voice mail backup for every other node on the network. Advanced algorithms provide activity-based bandwidth optimization and overall voice mail reliability.
Easier Set-up With ADTRAN Gateway Configuration Wizard
With Release 1.5, IPedge's Enterprise Manager has now integrated its gateway configuration wizard for ADTRAN® gateways, making set-up faster and easier for users. Once the SIP trunk channel group and service definition information has been entered into the IPedge database, the wizard creates the configuration file. Toshiba also provides a separate gateway configuration wizard tool for AudioCodes gateways.
Simplification at the Core
Toshiba continues to deliver wizards and utilities in IPedge Enterprise Manager to simplify administration. IPedge now includes a Network DN Import/Export Wizard for importing and exporting the network DN table from Toshiba's Strata® CIX business telephone systems to IPedge systems and vice versa. IPedge also provides default system model database pre-configurations to get the IPedge system up-and-running within minutes.
In addition to the new features, IPedge also delivers multiple unified communications applications on a single Linux server, including call processing, voice mail and unified messaging, Call Manager unified communications, meet-me conferencing with Web collaboration and video, native SIP line and SIP trunk support, mobility, networking with other IPedge and/or Strata CIX systems, centralized administration, survivability, and feature-rich telephone endpoints.
- Flexible and feature-rich Unified Messaging;
- Toshiba's Call Manager unified communications application;
- Meeting application for audio/video conferences and Web collaboration;
- Enterprise Manager browser-based system administration with centralized multi-site management;
- Survivability and redundancy across the network;
- Browser-based personal administration for individual users to program their own telephones;
- IPMobility mobile phone clients;
- uMobility Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC);
- Contact Center solutions;
- On-site mobility including Toshiba's wireless IP telephones; and
- One hundred percent networking compatibility with Toshiba's Strata CIX IP converged systems.
Toshiba's IPMobility is compatible with most Apple and Android platform mobile devices, including Apple iOS versions 5 and 6, Motorola Droid, Sony Xperia, and Samsung Galaxy, among others.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit: www.telecom.toshiba.com
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the three business units of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud service supports up to 60 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's notebooks, tablet PCs, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba was founded in 1875 and today operates a global network of more than 550 consolidated companies, with 202,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.1 trillion yen (US$74 billion). Visit Toshiba's Web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2013 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2201814
Toshiba PR Contact:
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1