|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
NEW YORK, January 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
After selling around 86.3 million units in the fourth quarter of 2012, Nokia estimates that Devices & Services net sales total at around EUR 3.9 billion. This result exceeded expectations, helping the company regain momentum and the interest of investors.
With preliminary Q4 figures released, Nokia Corporation (NYSE: NOK) [Full Research Report](1) Nokia estimates that Devices & Sales net sales in the fourth quarter 2012 amount to EUR 3.9 billion, a count in excess of 86.3 million units. The Finland-based company comments that the Devices & Services non-IFRS operating margin for the fourth quarter 2012 was between break even and positive 2 percent, a great result compared to the previous outlook of approximately negative 6 percent. The actual numbers for Nokia's fourth quarter earnings are scheduled to be out on January 24.
For additional due diligence beyond the scope of this article, read our full featured research report on Nokia Corporation including full detailed breakdown, technical analysis, analyst ratings and price targets - absolutely free of charge - available at: http://www.nationaltradersassociation.org/r/read_report/2dd2_NOK.
The company stated multiple factors that affected its performance in the fourth quarter of last year. Its mobile phone business units and its line of Lumia smartphones caused soaring income for the company. Furthermore, cost reductions under the company's restructuring program lowered operating expenses. Stephen Elop, Nokia CEO, comments on the preliminary Q4 information, "We are pleased that Q4 2012 was a solid quarter where we exceeded expectations… we sold a total of 14 million Asha smartphones and Lumia smartphones while managing costs efficiently, and Nokia Siemens Networks delivered another very good quarter."
The company's stunning results have given it a better position to challenge smartphone giants like Samsung and Apple. Within the past few years, Nokia has been lagging behind its competitors, falling from being a market leader to a struggling has-been. However, its new line of smartphones has saved what everyone thought was a hopeless cause. Achieving positive results for the last quarter will help the company regain its footing, and analysts advise that the Nokia has to consolidate on the advantages it has gained to grow further from here.
Nokia is scheduled to release new smartphones like the Lumia 620 to continue its momentum. Asha smartphones are also helping the company gain higher income. In the fourth quarter of 2012, Nokia's line of Asha smartphones exceeded the sales of Lumia smartphones. 9.3 million Asha units were sold, compared to Lumia's 4.4 million units sold. Asha smartphones are popular in India, Eastern Europe, Africa, and Latin America - price-sensitive markets where affordable smartphones are more attractive.
Nokia's fourth quarter sales and performance reflects the company's ability to go against the odds. If the company can keep its momentum, we may find it performing at par with its competitors.
Nokia continues to develop affordable and feature-rich smartphones. Its third and most affordable Windows 8 smartphone, the Nokia Lumia 620, will be available starting this month. Developing more products that are inexpensive but boast a full range of features will help the company become even stronger in emerging markets.
But the company is not quick to assume that its results will automatically be better from here. Nokia expects its non-IFRS Devices & Services operating margin in the first quarter of 2013 to be around negative 2 percent, plus or minus four percentage points. This is because of the competitive nature of the industry and also because the first quarter is generally weaker in terms of sales.
If the company takes the opportunity to develop more strategies to become more competitive, then perhaps we'll see better days for Nokia in the future.
(1) The Full Research Report on Nokia Corporation - including full detailed breakdown, analyst ratings and price targets - is available to download free of charge at: http://www.nationaltradersassociation.org/r/entire_report/2dd2_NOK
Consider National Traders Association
Tired of hearing about the latest, greatest trade opportunity... only to realize that the ship has long sailed? You need a strong, informative community in your arsenal. Join the group that has been consistently identifying momentous situations as they develop -- long before they become the next top news on major financial networks.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1