|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 09:05 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Silent Circle, a global private encrypted communications firm revolutionizing privacy and mobile security, today announced that its Silent Phone app delivering the industry's first peer-to-peer secure encrypted data communications service is now available in Google Play for Android users. Silent Phone is also the first and only service offering that enables secure video via your smartphone over 3G, 4G, EDGE or Wi-Fi networks.
Already available for Apple's iOS devices in the App Store, Silent Phone combines an elegant app interface with state-of-the-art encryption technology and Silent Circle's secure, custom-built Silent Network to protect voice and video call data on cellular and Wi-Fi networks from interception and eavesdropping. Recognized for its high fidelity, unobtrusive nature and signature use of the ZRTP peer-to-peer encryption protocol - which eliminates third-party encryption key management and tampering risks - Silent Phone sets the gold standard for assuring private communications.
"Senior corporate executives and government officials are using work-issued smartphones and their own personal devices under BYOD for sensitive discussions, despite their increasing susceptibility to eavesdropping and other surveillance threats across all communication mediums," said Silent Circle CTO, co-founder and former PGP Corporation co-founder Jon Callas. "Silent Phone is an easy to use, yet powerful smart phone application that leverages state of the art technology and is now available for iOS and Android, the two most popular smart phone platforms."
"Large organizations are in need of a secure, cross platform communications service. We are pleased to offer Android users, who comprise approximately 75 percent of the total smartphone market, a robust service offering," said Silent Circle CEO, co-founder and former U.S. Navy SEAL, Mike Janke. "Encryption of this strength and performance has never been this easy for top executives and other espionage targets to use in support of their job requirements, mobility and missions. Our customers have the crucial advantage of placing highly secure calls anywhere they can find a signal."
To use Silent Phone, customers download the app from Google Play or the App Store and create a Silent Circle account. For a $20.00 per month subscription, a Silent Phone account features a unique "silent" phone number for secure, end-to-end encrypted calls "inside the Circle" between any two Silent Phone subscribers, which are routed through the Silent Network.
Using the just released "Out-Circle Access" option, calls can also be made "outside the Circle" from the Silent Phone app to regular phone lines, with encryption in place between the Silent Phone user and the Silent Network boundary. This enables Out-Circle Access subscribers to make and receive calls to any numbers outside the Silent Network in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico for an additional $29.00 per month.
Utilizing the computing power of today's smartphones and tablets, Silent Circle's apps and private network do not require any hardware modifications, tokens or other ancillary items with users' devices. Subscribers simply gain built-in, high-security apps for calls, texts, e-mail and conferencing (alongside their devices' native apps) that integrate with their existing contacts, favorites and other device information. Silent Circle combines apps and other proprietary technologies to meet the secure communications needs of enterprises and individuals around the world with absolutely no back doors.
About Silent Circle's "Silent Suite" of apps:
- Silent Phone: Encrypted voice and video calls on mobile devices. Currently available for iOS and Android, it can be used with Wi-Fi, EDGE, 3G or 4G cellular anywhere in the world.
- Silent Text: Encrypted text messaging with "burn notice" feature for permanently deleting messages from device registries. Currently available for iOS with Android version pending.
- Silent Eyes: Encrypted VoIP (video & voice) teleconferencing from laptops and business conference systems through Silent Circle's custom HD network. Currently available for Windows.
- Silent Mail: Coming soon, Silent Mail will offer encrypted e-mail on Silent Circle's private, secure network and compatibility with popular e-mail client software.
ABOUT SILENT CIRCLE
Silent Circle is a global, private encrypted communications service headquartered in Washington D.C. that provides cutting-edge encrypted text, e-mail, mobile phone and video teleconferencing services through a secure, proprietary network and software apps. Silent Circle was co-founded by Mike Janke, former Navy SEAL and best-selling author, and Phil Zimmermann, the world famous Silicon Valley creator of Internet encryption for voice and data and a recent inductee into the Internet Hall of Fame. For more on Silent Circle, go to: https://www.silentcircle.com
Welz & Weisel Communications
SOURCE Silent Circle
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1