|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 10:59 AM EST||
STOCKHOLM, January 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Zenterio recruits two top talents into its operation: Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, former Nokia CEO, will take over as Zenterio board chairman and Mats Lindoff, former Sony Ericsson CTO, will serve as chief technical officer. A perfect addition to Zenterio - a Swedish company that develops an independent operating system for interactive TV sets and set-top boxes (STBs).
Zenterio is now ready for a world position in software for interactive TV.
"Zenterio's software platform is very impressive," says Kallasvuo, "it enables fast, easy service rollouts to viewers - a big benefit for TV operators."
Going forward, Zenterio's software has potential to become an equally important operating system on the TV side that, for example, Windows is for PCs.
Zenterio was launched in 2002, and its development center is in Linköping, Sweden. Its customer list currently consists of TV operators, global systems integrators, large TV and STB manufacturers, and one of the largest chip manufacturers.
Several independent research institutes estimate that, within a few years, the market for interactive TV, in terms of number of units, will be about half as large as the market for PCs.
"Zenterio's goal is to become a leading company in an industry that now has at least 650 million customers," says Kallasvuo. "Market growth increased substantially in connection with the switch from analog to digital TV - as households connected to internet, which enables more opportunities for various pay-TV solutions. This trend led to enormous interest in Zenterio's independent operating system."
"Kallasvuo and Lindoff have extensive experience and expertise from the Nordic region's most successful IT enterprises," says Per Skyttvall, CEO of Zenterio. "Their skill sets are perfect for Zenterio as it enters a new commercial phase."
Kallasvuo has had a long, successful career at Nokia, where he was CFO, head of the mobile division and president (2006-2010). He was also a Nokia board member and board chairman of Nokia Siemens Networks, until September 2011.
To ensure that Zenterio's technologies meet rigorous demands on a global operating system, Lindoff is assuming the CTO role. He has extensive international experience and has held various roles in Ericsson and Sony Ericsson (CTO). Lindoff was also a Symbian board member.
For more information http://www.zenterio.com
Zenterio develops a standardized, independent software platform for interactive TV. Its customers are system integrators and TV and STB suppliers. The Zenterio OS enables faster, cheaper service rollouts to viewers. Zenterio is an international company with employees from more than 20 countries. Its headquarters are in Stockholm, and its development center is in Linköping. The company has sales offices in Prague and Milan. Zenterio is an unlisted company and is mainly owned by private investors. Visit: http://www.zenterio.com.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1