|By Business Wire||
|January 17, 2013 02:07 PM EST||
Shelter Creek Condominiums, San Mateo County’s largest MDU (Multi-dwelling Unit) community located in San Bruno, will unveil ChargePoint EV charging stations to its residents at a grand opening event on Saturday, January 19th, 2013 at 1:00 PM in the Shelter Creek parking lot A. The ChargePoint stations are installed in four locations throughout the 45-acre property and available for use by residents and their guests. Shelter Creek, a Manor Association Property, has more than 4,000 residents in the San Bruno location. Shelter Creek has partnered with Serramonte Nissan and Putnam Chevrolet to offer Friends and Family discounts for sales and leases of new electric vehicles to attendees of the grand opening event. San Bruno City Manager, Connie Jackson, will be in attendance for the ribbon cutting.
“We are always looking for ways to conserve energy by following new trends,” said Ronnie Rosen, General Manager at Shelter Creek. “With more than 1,600 cars coming and going through our property daily we wanted to install these EV charging stations to accommodate new and future EV owners. Offering EV charging helps us to attract the highest quality residents, distinguish Shelter Creek Condominium community as a great place to live, offering the latest amenities and highlight our environmental efforts.”
Before installing the ChargePoint charging stations, Shelter Creek had a list of EV charging solution requirements, including the ability to:
- Track consumption by tenant without connecting to tenant utility meters.
- Control access to the stations.
- Set different fees for visitors vs. tenants, even at the same station.
- Support 24x7x365 station use for tenants and visitors.
- Operate stations without ongoing IT requirements or maintenance staff.
- Remotely monitor station health and performance.
ChargePoint’s advanced networking capabilities will enable Shelter Creek to meet all of their charging requirements.
For EV drivers, ChargePoint-enabled locations are included on ChargePoint’s mobile phone applications for iPhone and Android. These free apps provide an easy way to locate stations near any specified address, get turn-by-turn directions, start and stop a charging session directly from a smart phone. Additionally, these apps allow drivers to utilize ChargePoint’s station reservation feature. Drivers can locate available stations, and then make, view and cancel a reservation directly from their smart phone.
About ChargePoint, Inc.
ChargePoint is the largest online network of independently owned EV charging stations operating in more than 14 countries. ChargePoint provides everything an EV station owner needs to deliver turnkey electric vehicle charging services in their parking lots. For drivers, ChargePoint provides state of the art features including the ability to locate reserve and navigate to unoccupied charging stations with online tools and mobile applications. ChargePoint locations may be found online and are included on the free ChargePoint mobile applications for iPhone and Android. The ChargePoint network is open to all charging station manufacturers. As an award winning privately held startup headquartered in Silicon Valley we’re always looking for the best talent! If you’re a high-energy, talented professional interested in an exciting career opportunity, visit our careers page or send your resume to [email protected]. Follow ChargePoint on Twitter @chargepointnet.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1