|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 03:31 AM EST||
HELSINKI, January 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Foodie.fm enables new innovation to improve everyday lives of Finnish consumers
Digital Foodie, developer of the award winning Foodie.fm platform, has helped S Group, one of the largest retail chain in Nordics, to improve their Collect & Go service for groceries. Consumers can now pick up their groceries from a self-service parcel point. The self-service Collect & Go is being piloted in Finland with HOK-Elanto, the largest regional co-operative of S Group.
The new self-service is an extension to the Collect & Go service that was launched in November 2012. Foodie.fm users can now decide if they want their groceries to be delivered home, picked up from a Collect & Go store or a self-service parcel point. The idea is to give consumers more flexibility and see how self-service parcel points could be used for online grocery shopping.
"Our goal is to help consumers eat well and shop smart. Foodie.fm is already tailored to user's individual needs and now we can offer more flexibility for the order fulfillment too. We believe that self-service Collect & Go could work internationally. It would be ideal for busy commuter sites where there isn't too much space to park near the collection point," explains Kalle Koutajoki, CEO of Digital Foodie.
The new self-service Collect & Go can be selected as one of the delivery options for ordering groceries online from Foodie.fm. After placing an order, the user will receive a SMS with collection time and a code to open the locker. Lockers only open after the shopping has been paid with a chip & pin card. The lockers are insulated and temperatures are monitored to guarantee the chill chain. Finnish postal service Itella provides the self-service lockers and related payment system for the pilot. The new service costs €6,90 and groceries are stored in the locker maximum of two hours.
About Digital Foodie Ltd.
Foodie.fm is a multi-platform service designed by Digital Foodie. It is a fully personalised grocery shopping platform used by major food-retailers and brands. The core of the service is formed by highly personalised food and product recommendations that make everyday shopping easy and fun. For retailers, the Foodie.fm platform provides all the tools needed to run modern eCommerce operations and home deliveries. Foodie.fm is currently available on the web, Facebook, iPad, iPhone, Android and Nokia platforms. Digital Foodie is headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. http://www.foodie.fm
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1