|By Marketwired .||
|January 23, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
CAMPBELL, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- YouSendIt, Inc., a leading cloud file collaboration service, reaffirms its deep commitment to mobile by launching brand new mobile apps for iPhone, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. All apps have been totally re-imagined from the ground up to meet the needs of an increasingly mobile user base.
These new mobile solutions serve the growing number of corporate employees and other professionals using their own smartphones and tablets for work. The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) movement means people need intuitive, multiplatform tools like YouSendIt to access and enhance their digital files across devices, as well as for on-the-go sharing with colleagues, clients and other collaborators.
A completely rebuilt iOS app
YouSendIt's new iOS app provides a comprehensive and enhanced mobile service for accessing documents, presentations, video and more from anywhere. Users can do everything from sending and storing files to sharing folders and signing documents using their iPhone, with any changes securely synced and instantly available for other devices and people.
Aside from completely recreating the YouSendIt iPhone experience, the revamped app also has a number of great new features designed to help users get the job done whether they are on-site with a client, waiting in an airport lounge or working from home.
- Faster access: quick-swipe on files or folders for easy access to actions toolbar
- Send without storing: send photos and videos straight from the device without saving to YouSendIt
- Quick sign: create and save signatures to instantly add to any document later
- Rename: quick-swipe to rename files and folders
- Sort: make finding files and folders easier by sorting by name, type, size and date
The new YouSendIt iOS app is now free to download from the App Store for iPhone or iPod touch. Try it now by clicking this link: YouSendIt for iPhone or iPod touch.
A multi-platform solution
The launch of the new YouSendIt iPhone app comes hot on the heels of the recently launched Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Samsung S-Pen apps, providing users of these devices with the same great cloud collaboration service already available on other platforms such as Android.
Each app offers the YouSendIt technology our users have grown to love as well as increased functionality on several popular devices and platforms. Just one example is how YouSendIt partnered with Nokia to create exclusive features for their smartphone customers.
"We are very excited about the YouSendIt Windows Phone 8 app developed between YouSendIt, Microsoft and Nokia. The YouSendIt app with Near Field Communication (NFC) delivers powerful sharing capabilities to Nokia consumers and businesses," says Bryan Biniak, VP and GM Global Partner and Application Development, Nokia. "The app provides Lumia users a seamless solution for sharing files anytime, anywhere. Add in unique, exclusive features like NFC and Nokia Lumia owners can share content with a simple tap of their phones."
The BYOD effect
According to global research firm Forrester, 350 million employees will use smartphones by 2016, with 200 million choosing to bring their own device to work. This seismic systemic shift will see professional users demanding the same kind of end-user experiences in business as they enjoy in their personal lives. Businesses are already responding to the consumerization of IT by implementing BYOD policies and are searching for simple, safe and secure multipurpose mobile solutions.
"YouSendIt recognizes mobile devices are important for how we share information," said Eric Hart, Network/Infrastructure Manager at premium golf equipment brand, PING. "Teams at PING use YouSendIt on smartphones, tablets and traditional computers to collaborate with our partners, clients and vendors for a more consistent and secure experience. YouSendIt has reduced the obstacles and effort it took to share information."
A secure mobile service
YouSendIt's mobile apps continue to provide businesses with a robust infrastructure that ensures data security and enhances productivity, giving IT leaders and CIOs an advanced feature set including: SAML-based Single Sign-On, remote wipe, centralized policy management, compliance reporting and end-to-end encryption.
"Seventy-five percent of businesses allow employees to use their personal mobile devices for work purposes," explains YouSendIt Chief Product Officer, Matte Scheinker. "These employees want to use their favorite productivity tools like YouSendIt, while CIOs need to ensure the security of the company's data however people access it. Our YouSendIt mobile apps provide both the simple document management solutions demanded by employees and the robust security required by the business. They're loved by users and approved by IT."
Try the new YouSendIt mobile apps
With comprehensive, intuitive and popular apps now available for each of the major mobile platforms, YouSendIt is able to offer complete cloud collaboration solutions for professionals on the go.
YouSendIt's new iOS, Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Samsung S-Pen mobile apps are free to download from the Apple Store, Windows Store, Windows Phone Store and Samsung Apps Store, or by clicking the below links:
- YouSendIt for iPhone or iPod touch
- YouSendIt for Windows 8
- YouSendIt for Windows Phone 8
- YouSendIt for Samsung S-Pen
Founded in 2004, YouSendIt was working in the cloud before the term was even coined. At first the service was a simple way to send the large attachments that email couldn't process, but has since grown to become a robust suite of online file storage and management capabilities. Today, the company serves 40 million registered users across 193 countries and 98 percent of the Fortune 500. Aside from offering professionals an easy-to-use collaboration solution, YouSendIt's renowned reliability, untouched data security and endless innovation make it the go-to solution for businesses, big and small.
iPhone and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Samsung S-Pen is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1