|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
SOMERVILLE, Mass., Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Echo Nest, the global leader in music intelligence, powering smarter music apps across the web and devices, is announcing significant talent acquisition as part of its global sales and marketing expansion.
John Sierotko joins The Echo Nest as Chief Revenue Officer, bringing 17 years of media technology expertise, most recently at music and media data company Gracenote. In nearly seven years there, Sierotko was in charge of all sales, marketing, and services with annual revenues quadrupling during his tenure. He is now responsible for sales, business development, and go-to-market strategy for The Echo Nest.
Also joining The Echo Nest is Scott Ryan, as vice president of Sales. Scott also spent the past six years at Gracenote, managing its Americas division to significant growth through new business acquisition and market development. Ryan was responsible for the company's strategic agreements and relationships with many of the largest music providers in the world, and helped pioneer the company's "Scan and Match" business, which mirrors users' music to the cloud.
In mid-2012, The Echo Nest announced a $17.3 million financing to fund global sales and marketing expansion. These management-level additions drive ongoing momentum for the company, as we continue to define and dominate the fast-growing music intelligence space with a customer base comprised of industry leaders such as the BBC, Clear Channel, eMusic, MOG, MTV, Nokia, Rdio, Spotify, VEVO, and dozens more.
"John and Scott are probably the two most experienced sales and marketing executives in the music intelligence space," said Jim Lucchese, CEO of The Echo Nest. "We're thrilled to have them on board as we continue to expand globally, and work to put a deeper understanding of music and fans into the hands of our customers around the world."
"The Echo Nest has gained considerable traction and attention in the market," said Chief Revenue Officer John Sierotko. "The company's music discovery and Taste Profile technology far exceed what anyone else is doing, either internally or through third-party licensing, and the implications are enormous across a wide array of industries -- including advertising."
We're happy to welcome John and Scott to our new San Francisco office. For John's expanded statement, see blog.echonest.com.
About The Echo Nest:
The Echo Nest is the global leader in music intelligence powering smarter music applications for leading media companies and thousands of independent developers, with a customer base that reaches over 100 million music fans every month. Over 350 applications have been built on The Echo Nest platform. With the world's only machine learning system that actively reads about and listens to music everywhere on the web, The Echo Nest opens up the largest repository of dynamic music data in the world -- over 5 billion data points on over 30 million songs -- to help developers re-shape the experience of playing -- and playing with -- music. The Echo Nest was co-founded by two MIT PhDs. Investors include Commonwealth Capital Ventures, Matrix Partners, Norwest Venture Partners and three co-founders of the MIT Media Lab.
SOURCE The Echo Nest Corporation
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1