|By Business Wire||
|January 23, 2013 10:04 AM EST||
Lookout, the leader in mobile security, today announced two more ways Lookout Mobile Security for Android can help you recover your stolen or lost device, so you can better protect your mobile privacy.
The new Lock Cam emails a picture if an unauthorized person tries to access your phone or tablet, along with the location, giving you more clues to help recover it. In addition, Lookout Premium users can now write a custom Lock screen message to help quickly recover a missing device. The Lookout Mobile Security app keeps you safe from mobile threats, backs up your personal data, can locate your lost or stolen device, and protects the privacy of your phone. Download the app: http://bit.ly/lookoutapp.
Phone theft is a growing issue. The FCC reported that robberies involving cell phones account for 30 to 40% of all robberies in the US. Lookout recently commissioned a nationwide survey1 and found that nearly one in ten people have had a mobile phone stolen.
When your phone or tablet is stolen, it is a risk to your privacy. Your phone carries your most personal information, from your bank and financial information to email accounts. Forty-three percent of respondents said they are most concerned about a phone thief having access to their banking and financial information, followed by contacts and addresses (28%).
Additionally 32% of people admit to looking in someone else’s mobile phone without their permission, and 52% of people said they do not have passcodes set on their phones – the critical first step to keeping unauthorized parties out of your phone.
Protect Your Device From Prying Eyes
Now available on the latest version of Lookout Mobile Security for Android, Lock Cam is a free feature that notifies you if anyone tries to unlock your device, whether it has been stolen, or if someone is just trying to take a peek. Lock Cam silently takes a picture of anyone who enters an incorrect password three times into your Android lock screen. Lookout will then send you an email with the picture and the location of your device, so you can see who has your phone and where the picture was taken.
Help Lost Phones Return Home
People lose a phone on average once per year, and many do not get it back. If you lose your phone, now you can write a custom message to appear on the Lookout Lock screen, helping the person who finds your phone return it to you. The ability to write a custom Lock screen message is available for Lookout for Android Premium ($2.99 month / $29.99 year). If you have Lookout Premium and you lose your phone, you can log in to your account at Lookout.com to lock your phone down to protect it from unauthorized access.
For more tips from Lookout on how to combat phone theft and loss, visit Lookout’s blog. Lookout Mobile Security for Android is available in Free and Premium versions.
Lookout Inc. is a mobile security company dedicated to making the mobile experience safe for everyone. Lookout delivers award-winning protection from the growing threats facing mobile users today, including malware, phishing, privacy violations, data loss, and loss of the phone itself. Cross-platform, Lookout is designed from the ground up to provide advanced mobile protection while remaining lightweight and efficient on the phone. Lookout is the world leader in smartphone security with 30 million users across 400 mobile networks in 170 countries. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout is funded by Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Khosla Ventures and Trilogy Equity Partners. For more information and to download Lookout Mobile Security, please visit www.lookout.com.
1 Lookout-commissioned Google Consumer Survey, January 15, 2013. 1,000 US consumers participated.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1