|By Marketwired .||
|January 23, 2013 11:07 AM EST||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- WeatherNation TV, Inc., a 24/7 television network providing local, regional and national weather, announced today an affiliation agreement with OTA Broadcasting, LLC, for today's launch of the WeatherNation TV network on KFFV-TV's digital channel 44.5 which reaches viewers in Seattle, Olympia, Bellingham and Tacoma, Wash.
WeatherNation TV will also be available to Comcast cable subscribers in the greater Seattle market on channel 89.
"WeatherNation will deliver local, regional and national weather news for the nearly 2 million TV homes in the Seattle DMA," said Carol La Fever, vice president of Operations for KFFV. "And with WeatherNation TV's iPhone app, our viewers have instant access to weather alerts on mobile devices as well as the TV."
The WeatherNation TV network delivers continuous coverage of current weather events with stunning graphics and detail. A team of experienced meteorologists utilizes the latest technologies from VIPIR® Systems from Baron Services and HD Fusion from Weather Central for forecasting and illustrating current conditions with engaging and innovative 3D graphical mapping to help viewers understand the in-depth story behind the weather. A powerful severe weather tracking system also gives consumers a detailed visual assessment, from the satellite view down to street-level detail.
WeatherNation TV is also available as an easy-to-use, feature-packed weather app for iPhone® users. This robust app is available free from the Apple App Store and uniquely works in concert with WeatherNation's 24/7 TV channel.
"We're pleased to introduce our WeatherNation service into a major market like Seattle and the northwest Washington area to deliver a TV weather network and mobile phone app for around-the-clock forecasts and current conditions from an experienced team of all meteorologists," said Michael Norton, president of WeatherNation TV. "With the addition of OTA Broadcasting's KFFV-TV, our list of broadcast stations seeking a consistent and accurate weather news service continues to expand at a rapid pace."
About WeatherNation TV, Inc.
WeatherNation TV, Inc., headquartered in Denver, Colo., produces the WeatherNation TV network, which provides 24/7 coverage of current and severe weather news and information in a compelling, all meteorologist-hosted format available in both HD and SD to local broadcasters and cable operators. WeatherNation, available for cut-ins or full-time digital tiers, is helping broadcasters realize revenues from digital channels. WeatherNation can incorporate paid programming, is E/I compliant for local broadcasters, is closed captioned and supports EAS. WeatherNation also integrates with a TV station's existing traffic and billing system for supporting ad insertion without the need for additional hardware. For more information, please contact [email protected] or (800) 343-9516. Visit www.weathernationtv.com.
About OTA Broadcasting
OTA Broadcasting, LLC, based in Fairfax, Va., was formed in early 2011 to own and operate independent television stations in large markets throughout the United States. OTA Broadcasting was founded by Todd Lawyer and Bill Tolpegin and is owned by management and Torchlight TV Investments, LLC, an affiliate of MSDC Management, L.P. OTA Broadcasting is a provider of television channels serving Seattle, San Francisco, Houston and New York. Visit www.otabroadcasting.com.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1