|By PR Newswire||
|January 24, 2013 12:00 AM EST||
SAN DIEGO, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- There are many new trends in marketing 2013 will bring. The newest and most drastic changes will likely be those in the online marketing or digital marketing industry. This industry has always been in a constant state of motion and change, as each year new technology or ideas revolutionize the whole game and force those who are in the marketing niche to rethink their strategies and improve their effectiveness.
The last few years have seen a number of changes that digital marketers have had to adapt to. Social media has taken off as a major focus for many online marketers and updates to Google's search engine algorithm have changed the way content is created. Here are a few of the other trends in marketing 2013 will likely see come to the fore.
Mobile Marketing –
Mobile marketing is growing quickly as more and more people realize how advantageous this marketing strategy is. According to the Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project 96% of American adults aged 18 to 29 own a mobile phone and 8 in 10 American adults own more than one mobile device, with 3 being the average number of devices owned.
A mobile phone offers many benefits to marketers, as it serves as a constant link to the consumers. People take their mobile devices everywhere, which is not the case with computers. Tailoring the marketing efforts to be compatible with mobile devices is a very good idea right now, since there are not too many businesses that are actually utilizing this marketing tool fully.
Loyalty Marketing –
Loyalty marketing works about the same as any other type of marketing, the difference is that the focus is not on getting new customers but keeping customers. This can be done in a number of ways, but the point is to ensure that customers feel valued and that they have an incentive to be loyal to that particular brand or website.
The effort needed to keep customers is much less than that needed to attract customers, so investing in this type of marketing makes a lot of sense. The ways to keep customers coming back will vary depending on the type of business, but paying attention to the needs and wants of the customers as personalizing emails and other communications, can all help to make this type of marketing work.
Content Marketing –
Content marketing has always been a major part of online marketing; the internet runs on content. However, the focus has usually been on making content more attractive to search engines like Google, using search engine optimization (SEO). The new way of thinking has marketers creating content with reader in mind instead. Creating content that bring value to the reader is becoming more important now that social sharing is driving a lot of the marketing, and even affecting search engine results.
Amber Rose Internet Income University, 877-474-9344, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1