|By Marketwired .||
|January 24, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
BERLIN -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 -- Triposo, the living, breathing travel guide, introduces more ways to travel like a local. Triposo, the smart, dynamic mobile app with three million downloads, now gives travelers insider access to nearby events that are happening now, last-minute hotel rooms and tips on what to eat.
Triposo's latest release for iPad and iPhone delivers unique opportunities to see, hear and taste the local culture. Want to check out an art show opening at a hipster hangout in San Francisco? Triposo Events just sent you an invitation. Need to find a last-minute hotel room in New York for less than $75? Triposo Hotels will hunt it down and book it for you. Want to sample the best gelato in Rome? Triposo Food can point you to the local favorites. Additional features include updated phrase books and guides to animals of the region and major works of art.
"At Triposo, we are passionate about travel. Everyone on the founding team has traveled to at least 50 countries and we know first-hand what it is like to visit a foreign city where you don't speak the language," said Douwe Osinga, CEO and Cofounder of Triposo and former lead engineer at Google. "We built this guide to help people discover the unexpected and bring adventure and serendipity to even the most calculated travelers."
Triposo's dynamic travel guides include detailed maps and information for more than 15,000 destinations around the world. If you are a planner, you can kick back with your iPad or tablet to scan the magazine-like guides in advance and bookmark your favorite attractions, restaurants and events. Triposo also lets you sync your preferences and plans to your mobile phone so you can easily view your itinerary while you're out and about. If you prefer to travel on the fly, Triposo will consider the season, weather conditions, your personal preferences and even the direction you're facing to provide smart, custom, real-time suggestions of what to do and see.
Triposo Events pulls in up-to-date, public events from Facebook and other sources based on your location. You can find salsa lessons, DJ dance parties, concerts and other events that you won't find in a dusty guidebook or static travel website. Triposo Events helps you explore a new city like a local so you can learn about the culture, meet new people and enjoy unique experiences.
Triposo Hotels helps you find a place to stay, whether you are planning in advance or looking for someplace to stay tonight. An elegant mobile interface guides you through the process of entering in your preferences, finding vacant rooms and reserving a room instantly, without ever leaving the Triposo app.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a Triposo city guide and start planning your next vacation! Or if you're already on the road, find something cool to do right now. Check out the iPad, iPhone and Android apps for free in the App Store or Google Play today.
Built by and for travelers, Triposo is a living, breathing travel guide. Triposo delivers in-depth information and detailed maps for more than 15,000 destinations and 400,000 points of interest in every country in the world. Triposo considers information such as location, time, personal preferences and weather to help you discover the world and get the most out of your travels. Available on iPads and smartphones, Triposo has been downloaded more than three million times. Triposo's investors include InterWest Partners, CrunchFund, Chris Sacca and Lars Rasmussen. Pack light. All you need is Triposo.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1