|By Marketwired .||
|January 24, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
FREMONT, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 -- Foxit® Corporation, a leading provider of solutions for reading, editing, creating, organizing, and helping secure PDF documents, today announced the Foxit RMS PDF Protection Tool. This product is part of the Foxit PDF Security Suite solution for protecting PDF files. This new product encrypts and protects PDF files with permissions and authorization settings through programmatic interfaces to prevent sensitive information from being printed, edited, and copied by unauthorized users in Microsoft Active Directory® Rights Management Services (AD RMS) environments.
The programmatic interfaces provide both Command Line Interfaces (CLI) for IT administrators to run in scripts or on-demand and C programming interfaces for developers to incorporate into existing applications. Both the CLI and C programming interface support any file sharing/file repository environment to protect and unprotect files.
The rapid growth of online documents has been fueled by the efficiency gains that organizations realize by storing documents digitally rather than traditional paper. PDF has become the dominate file format for sharing and archiving documents. Effectively managing digital access to the large and growing number of online documents with sensitive and confidential information becomes a vital challenge to:
- Enterprises that highly value information security and information governance which have clearly defined information access control policies.
- AD RMS users who need to protect/unprotect PDF files.
- File Classification Infrastructure (FCI) users who need to protect (encrypt) PDF files to a predefined RMS rights policy when files are classified or decrypt the protected PDF files when file classification changes. File classification enables organizations to assign properties to their files and to apply actions to files based on the file classification.
- Data loss prevention (DLP) and file categorization providers who want to integrate the rights management of PDF documents into their solutions to assign and enforce permissions per corporate policy.
Key features of the RMS Protection Tool for PDF include:
- Programmatic protection (encrypt) and unprotection (decrypt) of PDF files with specified RMS rights policies. Shields the details of the implementation, allowing the user to protect and unprotect PDF files programmatically using a few simple interfaces.
- Batch protection and unprotection of PDF files. Allows bulk, on-demand, and event-based file protection and unprotection.
- Retrieval of official Rights Policy Templates from RMS servers in real-time.
- Application of dynamic security watermarks. Dynamic security watermarks automatically display viewer identity information on protected PDF files in case users copy confidential information by using screen shots, cameras, mobile phone cameras, video capture, or other similar methods.
- Generation of activity log files that keep a history of what files are protected/unprotected and when they were protected/unprotected.
- Out of box integration with File Categorization Infrastructure (FCI).
- Consistent design with the Microsoft AD RMS Bulk Protection Tool and AD RMS SDK 2.0, providing a consistent user experience to protect PDF documents in a similar workflow as protecting Microsoft Office® documents. Applies uniform security and permission settings across documents file formats.
"With organizations sharing more and more sensitive information through the cloud, protecting this information to ensure only the correct people access it is critical," said Frank Kettenstock, VP of Marketing at Foxit Corporation. "Now organizations that utilize Microsoft AD RMS can easily extend their current solution to secure PDF files in the same way as Microsoft Office files. This protects IT investments in software and training and is transparent to end users."
For more information, contact Foxit at www.foxitsoftware.com or at 1-866-MYFOXIT.
About Foxit Corporation
Foxit Corporation is at the forefront of cost-effective electronic document solutions. Customers of Foxit's award-winning products include major technology and healthcare companies, global financial services firms, and government agencies. Founded in 2001, Foxit Corporation believes in innovative, standards-based technology and unrivalled customer support, with a deep commitment to sustainable, environmentally sound products and services.
Foxit is a registered trademark of Foxit Corporation. Other trademarked names or terms used in this document are the properties of their respective owners.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1