|By Business Wire||
|January 24, 2013 10:01 AM EST||
Everbridge, the leading provider of interactive communication and mass notification solutions, conducted a survey of over 400 organizations spanning a variety of public and private sectors to see how emergency and crisis communications planners incorporate social media as part of their communications strategy. The survey included key stakeholders such as employees, customers and the general public among 125 corporate, 115 government and 84 healthcare entities.
The results of the survey provided valuable insights into the current social media strategies of organizations and the reasoning behind them. Judging from both their strategies and their social media experience, it was clear that communications planners recognize social media’s value even if they don’t actually utilize it during emergencies. The survey found that, despite planners acknowledging the value of incorporating social media, 58% of respondents had no plan, with lack of authorization being the biggest factor of this response. Additionally, the importance of mobile devices is increasing, while many deem landline phones as increasingly unreliable for emergency communications.
Respondents were asked questions such as, whether they include social media such as Facebook and Twitter within their emergency communications strategy, whether they plan to do so (also why or why not), and how social media fits in with their other tools such as landline phone, mobile phone and email. Respondents were also asked about the growing role of mobile versus landline channels and how social media fits into that trend.
“It’s increasingly important that organizations recognize that lacking a social media strategy during a crisis is a strategy in and of itself, albeit not a good one. The public increasingly expects organizations to use social media both as an inbound and outbound form of communication. If your organization isn’t using social media both to communicate and monitor information during incidents, you risk missing out on important situational intelligence that could be critical to your operations and the safety of your employees and key constituents,” said Imad Mouline, chief strategy officer at Everbridge.
Everbridge provides industry-leading interactive communication and mass notification solutions to organizations in all major industries and government sectors. Everbridge solutions increase connectivity to key audiences, automate communication processes, and integrate social media, data feeds, and recipient feedback into a single communications console. Ultimately, these solutions provide the insight and infrastructure that help clients save lives, manage critical activities and improve the efficiency of daily operations. For more information about Everbridge, please see www.everbridge.com.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1