|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2013 09:17 AM EST||
Composite Software today announced that Vodafone Netherlands has purchased the Composite Data Virtualization Platform to provide a faster, more agile data provisioning service to its reporting teams and business units, helping fulfill a pressing need to integrate an increasing number of data sources into the company’s enterprise computing architecture.
Vodafone Netherlands is part of the Vodafone Group, the world’s second largest mobile phone operator with headquarters in the UK and operations in 30 countries around the globe with more than 440 million subscribers and revenues of approximately $75 billion.
The Composite data virtualization solution complements and extends Vodafone Netherlands’ current computing infrastructure consisting of a Teradata data warehouse with 20 terabytes of customer data, Ab Initio for data integration and SAP/Business Objects for reporting and analysis. Those data services which they decide to physically implement in the Teradata data warehouse will have already been prototyped and put into operation using Composite Information Server and will make the outsourcing of the development for the ETL much more straightforward.
According to Michael Hansen, Vodafone Netherlands Manager Business Intelligence Competence Center, responsible for BI strategy and architecture, the company was facing ongoing requests from business units seeking access to new data sources in hopes of gaining new business insights. “With Composite, we are confident to bridge the gap between the increasing impatience of our business users in exploiting more and more data and giving them the ability to do so,” Hansen said. “In addition, we feel it is important to have an in-house capability like Composite next to outsourcing capabilities like classical data provisioning and information exploitation activities.”
“We are pleased to welcome Vodafone Netherlands to the growing list of global telecommunications providers who have discovered the business agility afforded by the Composite data virtualization solution,” said Ché Wijesinghe, Composite Software EVP, Worldwide Field Operations.
Composite Software, Inc. is the data virtualization market leader. Dramatically simplifying information access for big data, analytics, BI, data services and logical data warehouse initiatives, Composite delivers greater agility for the business, superior flexibility for IT and significant cost savings for everyone. Composite Software is privately held, with corporate headquarters in San Mateo, CA.
To contact Composite, please call (650) 227-8200, visit us on the Web at http://www.compositesw.com, or follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/compositesw. To learn more about data virtualization visit the DV Café microsite, the Data Virtualization Channel and the Data Virtualization Leadership Blog.
Composite Software is a registered trademark of Composite Software, Inc. Copyright © Composite Software, Inc. 2013.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1