|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 06:00 AM EST||
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Looking at the world's mobile connection data holistically allows one to see the overarching patterns that will play out over the next five years and which markets will see the most growth. Connections can be for many types of mobile devices such as mobile phones, smartphones, tablets, mobile hotspots, portable modems, and embedded modems.
The worldwide population is expected to continue its steady growth over the next five years and has already surpassed 7 billion people in 2012. Worldwide wireless connections are growing briskly and will surpass 6 billion connections in 2013 to reach 7.5 billion in 2017. The global wireless penetration rate will rise at an annually compounded rate of 4.8 percent over the next five years from 83.5 percent in 2012 to 100.4 percent in 2017.
These top-level forecasts alone show how people the world over are increasingly preferring mobile devices as their main voice and data communications tool. In some regions, a mobile phone / smartphone may be the user's only connection to the Internet.
"Aside from the increase in the number of connections, the other major change over the forecast period is the continued growth of 3G and, toward the end of the forecast, a major shift to 4G LTE," said Iain Gillott, president and founder of iGR, a market research consultancy focused on the wireless and mobile industry. "Fourth generation technologies -- primarily LTE -- are still in their early stages, but will see drastic growth and reach 1.4 billion connections in 2017."
The following key questions are addressed in iGR's research study:
- How many wireless connections are there globally and in each major geographic region, including North America, Latin America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia-Pacific, and Japan?
- What is the split of those connections by technology type -- both air interface and generation?
- What are the key connection-related trends by technology and region? For example:
- What are the major markets for LTE both today and throughout the forecast period?
- When does iGR expect LTE to become a significant portion of the various regions over the forecast period?
The information in this report will be valuable for:
- Mobile operators
- Device OEMs
- Content providers and distributors
- Financial analysts and investors.
iGR is a market strategy consultancy focused on the wireless and mobile communications industry. Founded by Iain Gillott, one of the wireless industry's leading analysts, in late 2000 as iGillottResearch, iGR is now entering its thirteenth year of operation. iGR continuously researches emerging and existent technologies, technology industries, and consumer markets. We use our detailed research to offer a range of services to help companies improve their position in the marketplace, clearly define their future direction, and ultimately improve their bottom line.
iGR researches a range of wireless and mobile products and technologies, including: smartphones; tablets; mobile applications; bandwidth demand and use; small cell architectures; DAS; LTE; WiMAX; VoLTE; IMS; NFC; GSM/GPRS/UMTS/HSPA; CDMA 1x/EV-DO; iDEN; SIP; macro-, pico- and femtocells; mobile backhaul; WiFi and WiFi offload; and SIM and UICC.
A more complete profile of the company can be found at www.igr-inc.com.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1