|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 09:53 AM EST||
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- TaxACT® tax returns were among the first in line for processing when the IRS opened its e-file processing doors today. Many of those returns were prepared, printed and e-filed for free with TaxACT Free Federal Edition.
TaxACT was the first to offer free federal tax preparation and e-filing to all Americans in the 2005 tax season. Today, TaxACT is the only free federal solution to include forms for complicated tax situations such as business, investment, rental and self-employment income.
"Unlike other brands, TaxACT is the only free tax filing solution with all e-fileable forms," said JoAnn Kintzel, TaxACT President. "We're able to offer the most complete free tax filing product because millions of Americans have come to trust TaxACT year after year with their federal and state tax returns."
All taxpayers, regardless of income, age, state of residence, filing status, military status, or complexity of return, can file their federal tax return free with TaxACT Free Federal Edition. With free e-file and direct deposit, TaxACT provides Americans with a free and easy solution for the fastest possible refund.
TaxACT is available for a variety of devices. Taxpayers can file free on a computer or tablet browser at www.taxact.com. iPad® and Android tablet owners can also download the free TaxACT tablet app that synchs with browser accounts. Those who prefer computer software can download the free software from www.taxact.com or a CD.
In addition to all e-fileable forms, TaxACT 2012 Free Federal Edition includes:
- Instant, personalized help every step of the way in the enhanced Answer Center, online at taxact.com and with Audit Assistant. Customers can also email tax and audit questions to TaxPayer Support Specialists for free answers.
- Quick Convert, the fast way to transfer last year's return data into TaxACT
- Extra tax guidance for life events, including college, marriage, military service, home buying and job changes
- Multiple refund options -- free e-file with direct deposit for the fastest possible refund, a pre-paid debit card or U.S. Savings Bonds
- Maximum refund, accuracy and satisfaction guarantees for 100% assurance
- Time-saving tools often found in paid products, from fast data entry options and bookmarks, to Stock Assistant and advanced calculators
- Printable worksheet with all the tax information needed for the FAFSA
- Affordable state returns for less than half the price of others. For $14.95, TaxACT Online users can prepare, print and e-file all part-year and non-resident state forms. Customers can also pay state product fees from their refund.
After filing, TaxACT provides instant access to the status of e-filed returns and federal refunds anytime from a computer, tablet or mobile phone. Users can sign in to their returns, visit efstatus.taxact.com or taxact.com/mobile, or download TaxACT's free companion app, TaxACT Central. TaxACT also offers email and text message notifications.
TaxACT, made by 2nd Story Software®, is the critically acclaimed leader of affordable digital and download tax preparation solutions for consumers, business owners and tax professionals. In the 2005 tax season, TaxACT became the first to offer free federal tax software and e-file to all U.S. taxpayers. TaxACT has been the second-most visited online tax preparation destination for the past seven consecutive years*. Since 2000, TaxACT Online has assisted with more than 38 million e-filed federal returns. TaxACT is a business of Blucora (NASDAQ: BCOR). Learn more about TaxACT at www.taxact.com and www.taxact.com/press.
TaxACT Public Relations
(319) 373-3600, ext. 2193
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1