|By Business Wire||
|January 31, 2013 05:00 AM EST||
As Green Technology Solutions, Inc. (OTCBB: GTSO) conducts preliminary due diligence with a recycler of e-waste in Chile, the Company has been highly impressed by the scale of the sustainable and urban mining development in Latin American, said CEO Paul Watson on Wednesday.
“There are very few dominant players in Latin American e-waste recovery,” he said. “It’s immediately clear to us that emerging companies such as our current target have the resources and expertise to rise to the very top of this emerging industry. Government incentives have positioned countries such as Chile to become a world leader in urban mining and electronics recycling.”
CCI Capital, GTSO’s regional consultant in Chile, is currently providing translation support and other deal management services as the company works to complete a definitive agreement to help grow the recycling business. GTSO has targeted companies with expertise in the direct removal of electronic waste from clients’ facilities, from handheld mobile devices to aerospace instrumentation.
GTSO hopes to have a new agreement signed before the end of the quarter, Watson said.
Chile has been a major focus of GTSO’s efforts to expand its urban mining footprint due to its high rate of industrialization, affordable labor and local business connections with CCI Capital. Today, more than 95 percent of Chileans have a mobile phone. These phones have an average life span of less than two years, and a huge market is developing in Chile and around the world to keep the highly valuable and highly toxic materials used to build them out of landfills.
Urban mining is a major pillar of the Company’s plans to compete alongside major international corporations striving for sustainable manufacturing solutions, such as Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE: S) and Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM). Late last year, GTSO acquired the company Green Urban Mining to handle the company’s recycling and resale operations.
The company is also exploring traditional mining opportunities in the U.S. and Africa through its joint venture with Diamond V Associates.
About Green Technology Solutions, Inc.
Green Technology Solutions, Inc. [www.gtsoresources.com] is a growth-oriented company exploring rare earth minerals and precious metals production around the world. To learn more, please visit the website at www.GTSOresources.com/investors.html.
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/gtsoresources.
Notice Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This news release contains forward-looking information within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, including statements that include the words “believes,” “expects,” “anticipate” or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the company to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. In addition, description of anyone’s past success, either financial or strategic, is no guarantee of future success. This news release speaks as of the date first set forth above and the company assumes no responsibility to update the information included herein for events occurring after the date hereof.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1