|By Business Wire||
|January 31, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
Immersion Corporation (Nasdaq:IMMR), the leading developer and licensor of touch feedback technology, today announced that its tactile feedback technology has been incorporated into the gamepad controller for the Razer Edge tablet. The Razer Edge swept every CNET 2013 award for which it was nominated at the recent Consumer Electronics Show: “Best of Show,” “People’s Voice” (as voted by the CNET audience), and “Gaming.”
“As gaming platforms become mobile, we know the gaming community won’t compromise on the quality and experience they have come to expect from consoles,” explains Robert Lacroix, vice president of engineering at Immersion. “Immersion’s tactile effects provide high-quality feedback in hundreds of millions of controllers for PC and console games. The Razer Edge’s thoughtful design delivers the power to enjoy the most advanced PC games at full capacity, and ensures the mobile experience will be as immersive as a home console.”
By using a Windows 8 operating system with Intel architecture, the Razer Edge ensures that the broadest array of today’s most popular PC games will run natively on it without the need to be ported, optimized, or developed anew. By incorporating Immersion’s tactile effects for its gamepad controller, the tablet creates an immersive gaming experience while in mobile console mode.
“We used a crowdsourcing approach to develop the Razer Edge, ensuring we delivered all the power and capabilities gamers expect from a mobile platform,” explains Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO, and creative director. “That thinking extends to the unprecedented power and striking visual design of the Razer Edge, as well as to the audio and tactile experience. The tactile effects incorporated into the Razer Edge gamepad controller make mobile gaming more lifelike and engrossing.”
The Razer Edge will be available in Q1, 2013.
About the Razer Edge
It’s a tablet. It’s a PC. It’s a console. It’s all of the above: a full-feature PC and the most powerful tablet in the world. What’s more, it has four modes specially designed for gamers and is able to run all PC games and applications. PC gamers helped design the most powerful tablet in the world today, the only system of its kind utilizing technology from both Intel and NVIDIA. Powerful 3rd generation Intel® Core processors will help ensure even the most advanced PC games will function at full capacity, and the NVIDIA GeForce graphics will offer striking visual clarity – a first for tablet gaming and a godsend for the world’s 300 million-plus PC gamers.
For more information about The Razer Edge, please visit http://www.razerzone.com/EdgePro.
About Immersion (www.immersion.com)
Founded in 1993, Immersion (NASDAQ: IMMR) is the leading innovator in haptic technology; the company's touch feedback solutions deliver a more compelling sense of the digital world. Using Immersion's high-fidelity haptic systems, partners can transform user experiences with unique and customizable touch feedback effects; excite the senses in games, videos and music; restore "mechanical" feel by providing intuitive and unmistakable confirmation; improve safety by overcoming distractions while driving or performing a medical procedure; and expand usability when audio and visual feedback are ineffective. Immersion's TouchSense technology provides haptics in mobile phone, automotive, gaming, medical and consumer electronics products from world-class companies. With over 1,300 issued or pending patents in the U.S. and other countries, Immersion helps bring the digital universe to life. Hear what we have to say at blog.immersion.com.
ABOUT THE RAZER™ GROUP:
Razer™ is the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware. Founded in 1998, with its headquarters in Carlsbad, California, the company has offices in nine cities around the globe. Used by the most demanding professional gamers who compete in global tournaments. Razer provides gamers with the unfair advantage of cutting-edge technology and award-winning design. We live by our motto: For Gamers. By Gamers. ™
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they never materialize or prove incorrect, could cause the results of Immersion Corporation and its consolidated subsidiaries to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements.
All statements, other than the statements of historical fact, are statements that may be deemed forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements regarding features and performance of the Razer Edge, as well as the statement that the Razer Edge will be available in Q1, 2013.
Immersion's actual results might differ materially from those stated or implied by such forward-looking statements due to risks and uncertainties associated with Immersion's business, which include, but are not limited to: unanticipated difficulties and challenges encountered in product development efforts by Immersion and its licensees; unanticipated difficulties and challenges that may affect the timing of the Razer Edge’s launch; adverse outcomes in any future intellectual property-related litigation and the costs related thereto; the effects of the current macroeconomic climate; delay in or failure to achieve commercial demand for Immersion's products or third party products incorporating Immersion's technologies; and a delay in or failure to achieve the acceptance of force feedback as a critical user experience. Many of these risks and uncertainties are beyond the control of Immersion.
For a more detailed discussion of these factors, and other factors that could cause actual results to vary materially, interested parties should review the risk factors listed in Immersion's most current Form 10-Q, which is on file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements in this press release reflect Immersion's beliefs and predictions as of the date of this release. Immersion disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements as a result of financial, business, or any other developments occurring after the date of this release.
The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" in this press release does not mean a legal partner or legal partnership.
Immersion, the Immersion logo, TouchSense and HD Haptics and Integrator are trademarks of Immersion Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
(IMMR - T)
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1