|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 08:46 AM EST||
EINDHOVEN, THE NETHERLANDS, and BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) has joined the Mobile World Capital Barcelona Foundation to further deploy NFC services around the world. Working together, NXP, the MWCapital and GSMA will facilitate access to NFC technology to new ecosystem players including public administrations, transport operators, system integrators, reader and card manufacturers, advertising companies and gaming businesses among many others.
NXP, the co-inventor of NFC technology and global leader in Identification with markets such as eGovernment, transport, ticketing and payments, launches its m-Knowledge Center in the framework of the Mobile World Capital Barcelona. This center is a global competence team of technical experts offering advanced technical training services, application and design support, project management and technological consulting in all areas related to contactless and NFC application for any company wanting to leverage the mobile revolution. Launched by the GSMA, the Mobile World Capital Barcelona and now also NXP are at the core of an emerging contactless payment cluster, working to improve the cooperation between companies, as well as to enhance awareness of new mobile technologies.
Supported by the GSMA, NXP and the MWCapital are committed to increasing adoption and development of NFC related markets and applications for the entire mobile ecosystem and ultimately, the end user. On a worldwide scale, the m-Knowledge Center will act as an intelligence pool for new entrants into the NFC ecosystem seeking support to quickly kick start the development and deployment of NFC services and to take advantage of NFC revenue generating opportunities.
"We believe in the power of NFC. It adds security and convenience to the mobile lifestyle and many major GSMA members are preparing NFC rollouts," said John Hoffman, CEO of GSMA Ltd (promoter of the Mobile World Congress), and vice president of Mobile World Capital Barcelona. "Working with NXP, we will attract new players to join the NFC ecosystem and generate new services that mobile network operators can offer to their customers. The entire NFC ecosystem gets access to NXP's proven development tools as well as consulting to easily incorporate NFC technology into their solution portfolios. Together, we will set out to explore the new mobile horizon."
"We are combining NXP's deep application knowledge and the GSMA members' understanding of the mobile end user -- the perfect set-up to push the NFC market evolution to the next level. Now that device manufacturers are bringing hundreds of millions NFC chipsets in hundreds of NFC enabled devices such as smart phones, tablets, laptops, ultrabooks, portable speakers or headsets to the markets, GSMA and NXP have created the basis to jointly support the development of secure and convenient NFC applications desired by end users," said Steve Owen, senior vice president global sales, Identification business unit with NXP Semiconductors.
NFC is a market-proven, standardized technology co-invented by NXP and Sony in 2002. NXP is at the center of this ecosystem, fuelling its development by partnering with major handset manufacturers, mobile OS providers and applications developers. NXP is the No. 1 supplier to the Identification market globally, and leverages its leadership in contactless and security technologies to provide complete Mobile Transactions solutions: NFC controllers, Secure Elements in all form factors, NFC tags and infrastructure reader ICs. Currently OEMs have selected NXP's NFC technology for approximately 200 mobile devices.
Visitors to Mobile World Congress (Barcelona, Feb. 25 - 28) can see NXP's trusted NFC technology in multiple applications developed to provide convenient interactions and secure transactions (Hall 7 Stand 7A111).
- NXP NFC information website
- Mobile World Capital Barcelona website
- GSMA corporate website, and GSMA's Mobile World Live news portal
About Mobile World Capital Barcelona
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is an initiative aimed at turning the city into the permanent global centre of mobile technologies, where people, companies and institutions work together to exploit the potential of mobile technologies as an element to transform daily life and create new business opportunities. Promoted by the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism, the Generalitat de Catalunya, the Barcelona City Council, Fira de Barcelona and GSMA -- that represents the interests of over 800 mobile phone operators worldwide and over 2000 companies in the mobile ecosystem --, is based on four pillars: MWHub and MWCongress, concerned with industrial and business development, MWCentre and MWFestival that impact people and their social life.
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide. Spanning more than 220 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world's mobile operators with more than 230 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset makers, software companies, equipment providers and Internet companies, as well as organisations in industry sectors such as financial services, healthcare, media, transport and utilities. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as the Mobile World Congress and Mobile Asia Expo.
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NPI) provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 25 countries, NXP posted revenue of $4.2 billion in 2011. Additional information can be found by visiting www.nxp.com.
This document includes forward-looking statements which include statements regarding NXP's business strategy, financial condition, results of operations and market data, as well as other statements that are not historical facts. By their nature, forward-looking statements are subject to numerous factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to be materially different from those projected. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Except for any ongoing obligation to disclose material information as required by the United States federal securities laws, NXP does not have any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements after NXP distributes this document, whether to reflect any future events or circumstances or otherwise. For a discussion of potential risks and uncertainties, please refer to the risk factors listed in NXP's SEC filings. Copies of NXP's SEC filings are available from the SEC website, www.sec.gov.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1