|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 08:52 AM EST||
Shazam®, the world’s leading media engagement company, today announces an exclusive new partnership with Beatport®, the world’s largest DJ and dance music community. The new partnership will enable Shazam to greatly expand the number of dance tracks in its database, giving fans an unparalleled way to discover, explore, buy and share the club music that they love when they’re out with their friends.
“Shazam is incredibly excited to form this exclusive partnership with Beatport because Beatport has long been recognised as the leader in electronic and dance music for DJ’s around the world,” said Shazam’s Director of Music and Content, Will Mills. “Shazam’s music discovery service and its massive fan base of 275 million users, combined with Beatport’s unparalleled electronic and dance music database, will provide the fastest, largest discovery experience and easiest way to engage and buy dance music around the world.” (Photo: Business Wire)
“Shazam is incredibly excited to form this exclusive partnership with Beatport because Beatport has long been recognised as the leader in electronic and dance music for DJ’s around the world,” said Shazam’s Director of Music and Content, Will Mills. “Shazam’s music discovery service and its massive fan base of 275 million users, combined with Beatport’s unparalleled electronic and dance music database, will provide the fastest, largest discovery experience and easiest way to engage and buy dance music around the world.”
“From Ibiza to LA to Tokyo and beyond, fans of electronic dance music – the fastest moving music genre in the US – will now be able to experience more of the dance tracks they love every time they use Shazam when they go out.”
The new partnership gives clubbers a fast and easy way to find out the name and artist of their favorite tracks along with easy access to purchase them from Beatport. As of this announcement, Beatport’s vast database has already been incorporated into Shazam’s music database, and will continue to grow with thousands of new and exclusive tracks every week.
“Adding the Beatport catalog to Shazam’s database is a great way for fans of dance music to discover songs that are being played by DJs all over the world,” said Matthew Adell, CEO of Beatport. “Our partnership with Shazam also gives DJs and producers exposure to an enormous audience of potential new fans.”
Founded in 2004, Beatport is the largest music store and community for DJs in the world, offering music in premium digital formats and providing innovative resources and tools to meet the unique needs and demands of DJs. Each week, Beatport’s music collection is refreshed with hundreds of exclusive tracks by the world’s top – and emerging – dance music artists.
Shazam’s music database currently exceeds 25 million tracks, and includes social sharing features as well as streaming lyrics in time with the music with LyricPlay™. Shazam recently announced the industry’s fastest unlimited tagging for iOS and Android devices. In addition to LyricPlay, the Shazam App also includes great features such as Shazam Friends social sharing, links to YouTube videos, artist and tour information.
Shazam is the world’s leading media engagement company with more than 275 million people in 200 countries and adding another 2 million new users each week. With the industry’s unlimited fastest tagging in the Free and premium Encore Apps on iOS and Android devices, Shazam is the best way for people to discover, explore, buy, and share more music, TV shows and branded content they love.
Shazam makes it easy for people to share their discoveries with their friends on Facebook using the Shazam Friends feature, as well as on Twitter and Google+. For people who don't yet have the Shazam application on their smartphone, it is available for FREE on every major platform and can be found on iTunes App Store, Google play, Amazon App Store, AT&T’s AppCenter, Verizon VCast app store, Nokia Store, Windows Phone Marketplace, BlackBerry App World, and GetJar.
Shazam Media enquiries: [email protected]
The Shazam, Shazam Encore, LyricPlay, Shazam for TV names and icons are trademarks of Shazam Entertainment Limited.
Beatport is the world’s leading online provider of music, tools and resources customized for the unique needs and demands of DJs. Available in more than 230 countries, Beatport’s flagship digital music service features high-definition dance tracks—from the latest exclusives to deep catalogue cuts—by the world’s top and emerging artists. As a result, Beatport sales charts serve as the industry barometer for what tracks are currently jumping in the clubs before crossing over into the mainstream.
The Beatport platform also offers tools to help DJs manage their careers, promote their productions and performances, and connect with the largest community of qualified fans on the planet.
Founded in 2004, Beatport is based in Denver, CO, with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Berlin. The company is privately held, and counts more than 88 employees worldwide. Follow Beatport on Facebook and @beatport on Twitter.
Beatport Media enquiries: [email protected]
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1