|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 11:03 AM EST||
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- Paragon Software Group (PSG), a leader in data storage, backup and recovery, announced the launch of its new product offering, Paragon StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS. Delivered in conjunction with Massachusetts-based technology partner, StarWind Software, this new software solution is a storage hypervisor that turns any industry-standard Windows server into a reliable, fault-tolerant, and unified SAN and NAS, while utilizing common "off the shelf" or existing storage devices and network infrastructure. Offering savings of up to 90 percent, iSCSI SAN & NAS is a powerful alternative to traditional High Availability (HA) products that rely on costly, proprietary, hardware-based HA architectures.
The product offers several deployment options including a three-node HA structure designed to eliminate a single point of failure. The product's configurations are double fault tolerant (failure of 2 out of 3 storage nodes) resulting in 99.999% uptime. As a flexible and easy-to-manage solution, any IT administrator familiar with Windows servers can configure and deploy the Paragon StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS solution in a matter of minutes.
"We've leveraged over 20 years of expertise in the storage and data management space and combined that with the proven technology from StarWind Software to bring a truly innovative high availability, enterprise-class storage product to our customer and reseller community," said Tom Fedro, president of Paragon Software Group. "Our unique software approach delivers a measurable five '9's' in up-time performance while eliminating the need for expensive, proprietary hardware, empowering new market segments to embrace the high availability model."
Key features include:
- Install the solution and configure a new SAN in minutes
- Centralize site-wide iSCSI storage provisioning via the Paragon Management Console
- Achieve cost-effective HA processing with instantaneous failover and recovery
- Protect data using HA, RAID-1 mirroring, automated snapshots, and replication
- Consolidate file and block level data, unifying SAN and NAS storage to simplify configuration, management, and maintenance
- Use NAS to create iSCSI targets and avoid the purchase of new hard drives for storage
Paragon StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS enables an N+1 configuration that allows for building an on-site two or three-node HA cluster with off-site replication. The built-in WAN replication feature assists in the creation of a disaster recovery site that can be located miles away from the main datacenter. The WAN acceleration technology is based on deduplication, snapshots, and compression, in which their combined power ensures 50x-100x reduction of transmitted data and allows for the use of slower WAN connections.
For more information visit http://paragon-downloads.com/product-trial-downloads/paragon-starwind-iscsi-san-nas.
About Paragon Software Group
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks. A second portfolio of products focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Founded in 1994, Paragon Software Group has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, Poland, Russia and China delivering its solutions to consumers, small business and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. Paragon Software Group provides technology to a host of world class companies and partners including Cisco Systems, Dell, HP, Western Digital Corp., ASUS, Seagate, LG Electronics, Logitech, Buffalo, Acer, EMC/Iomega, Siemens, Lenovo, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, and more. For more information please visit the company website at www.paragon-software.com.
Paragon Software is a trademark of Paragon Software Group. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Paragon Software Group
Phone: (951) 934-3919
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1