|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 03:00 PM EST||
The Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC), an organization driving global technologies for phone-centric car connectivity solutions, today announced first-, second- and third-place winners of its first and very popular MirrorLink Tagline Contest. The CCC invited drivers and passengers from around the world to submit witty one-liners to capture the best of what MirrorLink offers in the way of ease of use and increased safety on today’s roads.
The three winning taglines are:
- First Place: MirrorLink: Connect and ride, submitted by Ronja Holzinger of Edgware, UK
- Second Place: MirrorLink: Drive safer. Drive smarter. Drive connected., submitted by Deborah O’Donoghue of Eastbourne, UK
- Third Place: MirrorLink: Reinventing hands-free, submitted by Luis Vera-Tadeo of Hawthorne, CA
“The MirrorLink tagline contest was a great way to involve car and tech enthusiasts around the world in the very exciting endeavor of finding the best way to describe what MirrorLink does for the connected driving experience,” said Mika Rytkonen, president and chairman of the CCC. “The CCC was very encouraged by the level of participation and by the many variations on how to communicate the most important facets of our technology. We hope to provide more avenues via social media for consumers in the connected-car ecosystem to share their voice.”
The MirrorLink tagline contest began on November 13, 2012 and attracted hundreds of taglines from around the world. The competition concluded on January 15, at which time the CCC steering committee carefully judged entries.
“The CCC would like to thank all participants for the wit, humor and insightfulness found in every entry,” said Alan Ewing, executive director of the CCC. “We hope to keep the dialogue very much open and encourage all interested parties to share their thoughts with us at any time and via the medium of their choice.”
About the Sony XAV-601BT
The new XAV-601BT in-dash A/V receiver features a high-quality, double DIN WVGA display with full touch screen capability and universal smartphone connectivity, enabling users to control music and apps with their compatible smartphones. In addition to streaming compatible smartphone screen content to the in-dash screen, the device features Passenger App Control®, which allows connection of an iPhone® or iPod® (via USB) to the system. The XAV-601BT features an advanced graphical user interface with three-dimensional screen visualizers and ultra-fast response. Users have the freedom to customize the receiver's wallpaper or choose from a number of preset screen visualizers. The interface also displays album artwork during music playback. The system works with Pandora® on iPhone®, Android®, and Blackberry® phones, and is SiriusXM Satellite Radio ready. Sony's Advanced Sound Engine with EQ7 allows customization of audio settings for a truly impressive listening experience. In addition, the XAV-601BT model has a fully detachable faceplate. The XAV-601BT is available for about $550 at Sony Stores, online at www.sony.com/car as well as throughout the Sony Authorized Dealer Network nationwide.
About the Car Connectivity Consortium
The CCC is dedicated to cross-industry collaboration in developing MirrorLink™ global standards and solutions for smartphone and in-vehicle connectivity. Members are among the world’s leading automotive, mobile communications and consumer electronics companies. For further information visit www.carconnectivity.org.
Sony is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1