|By Melih Oztalay||
|February 8, 2013 09:39 AM EST||
Find Out What Steps You Should Take Immediately Following Your Car Accident
Car Accident Victims Protect Themselves Before Finding Personal Injury Lawyer
Getting in a car accident isn’t something you’ve probably planned for. There are many things that you can do right or wrong immediately following your accident that will impact your physical and/or legal recovery. Get these steps right and your life will be back on track soon. Get these steps wrong and you may find yourself in trouble. If you’ve recently been in an accident at no fault of your own or find yourself in an accident in the future, here’s a list of essential things you should do:
- Take photos - Find your cell phone and take as many photos as possible. Stories often get twisted since the at-fault party and their insurance company would rather not be held accountable down the road. Having photos in your possession will be hard to dispute and could help prove your version of the story. If you’re injured and can’t take pictures, find a witness or one of your fellow passengers and ask them to use your cell phone to take as many pictures as possible.
- Think before you speak - Know that what you say immediately following your accident is relied upon most. Regardless of whom you are speaking to (police officer, witness, ambulance driver, or ER doctor), know that you will find your statements in a written report that will be used to reconstruct the scene of your accident.
- Seek immediate medical treatment - This one may seem obvious, but you may be tempted to overlook this because you feel fine immediately following your accident. It’s not until a day or two later that you realize your injured. Even if you think you’re okay, find a doctor and get checked out immediately since early medical intervention can minimize your injury and recovery time. If it turns out that your case warrants legal action down the road, this will benefit your cause.
- Do not communicate with the at fault parties insurance company - Be on guard because they may initiate contact with you hoping to find out information they can use against you at a later date. Often times they will offer you money on the spot if you sign a liability and claim waiver since they’re eager to settle your matter for a fraction of your true case value. Don’t take the bait.
- Find and hire a quality personal injury lawyer upfront- Don’t kid yourself believing that you can work direct with the at fault parties insurance company to settle your matter quickly while saving money. They do this every day and are skilled at reducing their pay out. You risk saying the wrong thing, which could damage your case. By the time you realize you are going to need to find a personal injury lawyer it may be too late.
Finding a quality personal injury can be difficult. It’s the single most important decision you’ll make on your case. Choosing a personal injury lawyer from an advertisement is risky since it gives you no real knowledge of their capacity. Even if a friend gave you a referral, do they know how to judge the skill of an attorney?
One option that many injured victims turn to for finding a quality personal injury lawyer in their area is using a free lawyer referral service. One free lawyer referral service we recommend is Lawyer Locator. Their lawyer referral service experts have evaluated thousands of lawsuits and personal injury lawyers’ throughout the years. Once they learn the details of your case and complete some necessary due diligence, they will promptly provide you with a carefully chosen personal injury lawyer referral. Lawyer Locator is located at 8711 E. Pinnacle Peak Rd. #315 Scottsdale, AZ 85255 and can be reached by calling 800-220-0114 or by visiting LawyerLocator.biz.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1