|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
ATLANTA, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LSN Mobile today announced that it has named Louis K. Gump as president and chief executive officer. Gump, who will lead the overall strategic direction of the company, including day-to-day operations and team development, will also become a member of the board of directors. He starts with LSN Mobile on February 11th.
Current CEO and co-founder Lee Durham will remain as executive chairman and will transition to lead business development for the company. Durham's primary operational role will be to cultivate LSN Mobile's growing network of affiliates and partners.
"LSN Mobile has experienced a tremendous amount of growth over the last few years and is now poised to deepen its footprint within the local media market," said Durham. "Bringing Louis on board expands our executive management team and enables us to take the company through its next phase of growth. I am confident that Louis' passion and unparalleled track record of building mobile strategies for media companies makes him the right leader for LSN Mobile at this time of enormous opportunity for the company."
With more than 20 years of mobile media, technology and business development experience, Gump comes to LSN Mobile from CNN (a Time Warner/Turner Broadcasting Company), where he was vice president of mobile, globally. During his time at CNN, Gump was responsible for CNN's global mobile strategy and growth as a recognized market leader within the mobile media space which included developing its revenue, award-winning product portfolio and user base. Before joining CNN, Gump was vice president of mobile with The Weather Channel.
"I fundamentally believe in the importance of local media as a cornerstone of our communities. Whether to check the local news, traffic, sports or weather, the first thing many consumers reach for in the morning is their mobile phone," said Gump. "LSN Mobile has already created a solid offering to serve these consumers. We will build on this foundation to continue to provide unique ways for local media and advertisers to engage consumers on their mobile devices, in the process demonstrating the power of local mobile media."
During the past decade, Gump has been an active member of the Mobile Marketing Association board, having held positions as global chairman and global treasurer. Additionally, he has served as co-chair of the Online Publishers Association mobile committee and a member of CTIA's Wireless Internet Caucus Leadership Council. Among the numerous awards he has received is the 2011 Wireless Technology Forum's Mobile Media Person of the Year, the 2010 MMA Lifetime Achievement Award and the 2009 "Top Ten mobiThinkers" award given by mobiThinking.com to recognize pioneers in mobile marketing. With his teams he has also received a Cannes Mobile Lion Award in 2012, as well as a Peabody Award for breaking news coverage and a Webby Award in 2010.
"I am honored to lead LSN Mobile and look forward to working with the company's dedicated employees to deliver world-class mobile solutions for advertisers and consumers through local media," said Gump. "I have known Lee for years and have admired what LSN Mobile has created. From time to time, we have looked for ways to work together so it is a privilege to embark on this new journey during such an important time."
Gump holds an MBA from the University of Virginia Darden School of Business and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Duke University.
About LSN Mobile, Inc.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, LSN Mobile is a mobile media and advertising company that connects local mobile media with consumers and advertisers in uniquely valuable ways. Representing leading affiliates from networks including ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox and Univision, LSN Mobile has the nation's largest network of local media content and currently offers news, weather, sports and more to over 30 million mobile users in both English and Spanish. LSN Mobile's "Local News, Weather and More" mobile apps for Android, iPhone, and BlackBerry platforms are among the top ten free downloadable local news applications. To learn more, please visit www.lsnmobile.com.
Lora Friedrichsen/Casey Bush
Global Results Communications (GRC)
+1 949 608 0276
SOURCE LSN Mobile
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1