|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2013 08:02 AM EST||
OAKLAND, Calif., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- You may think the key to setting a romantic mood this Valentine's Day is a bouquet of flowers, box of chocolate or intimate dinner for two, but a new survey from Liquid-Plumr® suggests an unconventional contender: spending time tackling household to do lists.
In a survey of 1,000 women ages 18 and older, a third of respondents admitted to fantasizing about their significant other while doing housework; nearly as many women said they fantasize while commuting to work, on a date, or out with girlfriends. The results indicate that there are many occasions when women think about their significant other, and that cleaning doesn't kill the mood.
"The survey results validate the fantasy we created in our popular Double Impact® television commercial; women are having fun while getting it done. Without needing to have hot plumbers literally visit their house, women are finding ways to solve household problems and make them more enjoyable," said Kelly Dwinells, marketing manager for Liquid-Plumr. "Being on top of chores not only resulted in clear drains and scuff free floors, but women also reported they felt less stress, were less distracted and more relaxed."
Survey respondents said the positive feelings that resulted from solving household problems could lead to a romantic rendezvous, as forty-nine percent were more likely to be in the mood to be intimate after completing chores. Thirty-eight percent of women also ranked having their house in order as important as buying a new outfit or being in a familiar place when it comes to relaxing on a date.
Clean to Do List Leads to Pleasurable Results
Eight in ten women (79%) consider themselves in control of what happens in their house, and that extends to household chores. Three-quarters of women (74%) indicated they are responsible for cleaning the house and nearly four in ten (38%) are always responsible for handling household improvements.
Taking control of housework is also a double-edged sword. A third of women surveyed (34%) believe housework keeps them from spending as much intimate time with their significant other as they would like. In fact, housework is such a barrier that eighty-two percent of women said they appreciate products that help them get things done around the house and allow them to spend more time with their partner.
"With a little fantasy and a lot of work, seventy-nine percent of women are taking control of the household to-do list and are having fun doing it. We are happy to be part of a process that helps her solve her drain problem and get out of the bathroom to enjoy more time with her significant other," added Dwinells.
The survey was executed by KRC Research on behalf of Liquid-Plumr. KRC conducted a total of 1,000 interviews among a nationally representative sample of American women 18 or older. All interviews were conducted via telephone from Nov. 2 to Nov. 12, 2012, including cell-phone exchanges. The margin of sampling error at the 95 percent level of confidence is +/- 3.10 for the sample.
Consumers can learn more about how their responses rank with the survey respondents with the Liquid-Plumr Facebook application, "What's Your Type?" Find out if you're a Daydream Achiever or Duchess of DIY, along with more information on the survey results and Liquid-Plumr® products at Facebook.com/LiquidPlumr.
Liquid-Plumr® is a product from The Clorox Company. The Clorox Company is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with approximately 8,400 employees and fiscal year 2012 revenues of $5.5 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products, Clorox Healthcare™, HealthLink®, Aplicare® and Dispatch® products, Green Works® naturally derived home care products, Pine-Sol® cleaners, Poett® home care products, Fresh Step® cat litter, Glad® bags, wraps and containers, Kingsford® charcoal, Hidden Valley® and KC Masterpiece® dressings and sauces, Brita® water-filtration products, and Burt's Bees® and gud® natural personal care products. Nearly 90 percent of the company's brands hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories. Clorox's commitment to corporate responsibility includes making a positive difference in its communities. In fiscal year 2012, The Clorox Company Foundation awarded $3.5 million in cash grants, and Clorox made product donations valued at $15 million. For more information, visit TheCloroxCompany.com.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1