|By Business Wire||
|February 11, 2013 08:04 AM EST||
Brightstar, the world’s largest specialized wireless distribution company and leader in diversified services for the wireless industry, today announced that Daniel Currie has joined its mobile device protection subsidiary, eSecuritel, as president of International Sales and Operations. This position reflects eSecuritel’s growing international presence and commitment to providing affordable mobile device protection and replacement to consumers through mobile operators and retailers worldwide.
Dan Currie joins eSecuritel as head of international for Brightstar's mobile insurance division. (Photo: Business Wire)
Mr. Currie brings more than 25 years’ experience in international business development and operations leadership, along with an extensive history of successful entrepreneurial ventures to Brightstar. Most recently, he co-founded and served as CEO of SmartRoam Pte Ltd., leading the development and launch of Chat Time, an award-winning low-cost international calling application for smartphones. As the former President and CEO of Asurion Asia, he launched and grew a very large and successful handset insurance business, forging strong relationships with OEMs and major wireless operators throughout the region. He has also served in senior executive roles for high profile companies such as SAP, Commerce One, and Seven Networks.
“Dan Currie’s unique blend of start-up passion and deep experience in the mobile device protection business make him exceptionally qualified to lead the expansion of eSecuritel’s international footprint,” said David Leach, chief executive officer at eSecuritel. “His expertise in growing these services internationally will enable eSecuritel to further leverage Brightstar’s global distribution, logistics, and supply chain capabilities to deliver highly-optimized, integrated mobile protection and replacement solutions to operators and retailers worldwide.”
“Value-added mobile services like handset insurance are poised for strong growth as global smartphone adoption grows, and Brightstar is helping mobile operators and retailers around the globe capitalize on these new opportunities to create customer value,” Currie said. “I look forward to working with David and the entire eSecuritel and Brightstar organizations to continue the success they have already achieved.”
Brightstar is the world’s largest specialized wireless distributor and a leading global services company, serving mobile device manufacturers, wireless operators and retailers, with a local presence on six continents. Brightstar’s industry-leading services include value-added distribution, supply chain solutions, handset protection and insurance, buy-back and trade-in solutions, multi-channel retail solutions and financial services. Annual revenues were US$6 billion for the period ended September 30, 2012. The company is ranked #58 on the Forbes 2012 List of America's Largest Private Companies. Brightstar is also the largest Hispanic-owned business in the United States. For more information, please visit http://www.brightstarcorp.com.
Since 2001, eSecuritel has provided wireless carriers, dealers and resellers with cell phone protection and replacement programs that deliver an unparalleled customer experience to program subscribers. eSecuritel provides phone protection for new, used, or prepaid wireless devices against loss, theft and accidental damage as well as mechanical/electronic failure and malfunction. In addition, eSecuritel has other replacement programs that cover every stage of the handset life cycle, including buyer's remorse, manufacturer's warranty, out-of-warranty and customer retention. eSecuritel is a Brightstar company.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1