|By PR Newswire||
|February 12, 2013 04:01 AM EST||
ALTRINCHAM, England, February 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
West Berkshire Council has further mobilised its Street Works Inspection team with Bluebird Pidion BM-170 touchscreen PDAs from Maxatec. The recently deployed mobile computers enable the Council inspectors to access its Mayrise 'Street Works' software directly on site in real time, boosting efficiency and productivity.
The Council is already benefiting from the reduction in administration and double handling of information. Being able to enter data directly into the database remotely has successfully streamlined the whole inspection process allowing the Council staff to be more productive.
"The PDAs have made a big difference to our inspections. All the information we need to optimise our workload and procedures is on the devices and there is no paper to handle and complete out on site. Our inspectors simply record their findings on the device and it seamlessly updates our office software automatically. It is a big saving in effort and workload. We wouldn't go back to using paper now that we have the mobile computers," says Neil Ainsworth, Principal Engineer, Street Works, West Berkshire Council.
With the PDAs, inspectors can access and enter information into the Council's Mayrise Street Works system remotely. Everything they need to perform and complete the inspections is available on the user-friendly Pidion BM-170. The software walks the inspectors through the process, checking for condition of trenches, together with recording any issues to signing, lighting and guarding affected by the works. The PDAs also give instant access to street-level maps and any other information they may need on site. The system also enables the Council to prepare for the new EtoN 6 (electronic transfer of notices) requirements coming in 2013.
The Council ran an exhaustive assessment of available devices that would integrate and run the mobile inspection side of its software, eventually settling on the Pidion BM-170 for its overall performance, software screen compatibility, user-friendly format and features, and excellent power management.
The semi-rugged PDA has a familiar mobile phone style form factor, with a 3.5-inch touch screen, which makes it readily acceptable to user. Unlike lesser devices, however, it can withstand multiple drops of 1.5 m and it can operate in wide range of temperatures from -20 to +55 °C. It also features a crack resistant LCD screen to minimise breakages. The built-in 3-megapixel camera can be used to photograph site details and it has a powerful multitasking processor running Windows Mobile for ease of integration with Windows-based software.
Established for over 40 years, Maxatec is an ISO 9001:2008 certified Value Added Supplier of Specialist IT Hardware, Software and Services to the Mobile Enterprise, AIDC and EPOS market sectors.
Maxatec supplies mobile computing devices from including Bluebird 'Pidion', CognitiveTPG, NCR, Datamax O'Neil, TSC, Sewoo, Hoeft & Wessel 'Skeye', Catchwell, Arbor and HandPoint.
The AIDC and specialist printer product set leads with CognitiveTPG receipt and barcode printers, TSC barcode printers, Sewoo and Datamax-O'Neil mobile receipt and label printers, and NCR terminals and kiosks. The company also offers a range of barcode scanners, touchscreen monitors, other peripheral devices, and own-branded products.
Maxatec also offers software, professional services, and a wide range of media, spare parts and in-house and on-site service capabilities. The Maxatec brand is synonymous with high standards of service as well as high performance, high quality products. (http://www.maxatec-europe.com)
- High resolution photograph available, please call Andrea Percival, Tel +44(0)161-942-7850
For more information, contact:
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1