|By PR Newswire||
|February 12, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nimbuzz, one of the largest and fastest growing mobile communications platforms in the world, today announced the release of its Nimbuzz messaging app for BlackBerry 10. The redesigned application is the only messaging platform to integrate GTalk, Yahoo and Facebook Messenger into a single BlackBerry application, enabling BlackBerry users to send unlimited chat messages and share pictures or videos files across any mobile device.
With more than 20 million smartphones projected to run on BlackBerry 10 by 2013 (source: ABI Research), Nimbuzz will provide BlackBerry 10 device users, including PlayBook, free access to:
- Group and 'Peer-to-Peer' messaging – integrated messaging and free chatrooms
- Entertainment through the N-World – an entertainment-focused international marketplace
- Multimedia sharing – a cheaper way to share data
- Social integration–post direct to Twitter and Facebook without leaving the app
BlackBerry selected Nimbuzz as a pre-launch recipient of its new SDK, providing advanced tools and resources to maximize the impact of Nimbuzz across all BlackBerry 10 devices, including an expedited review process from BlackBerry World.
"BlackBerry must continue to identify and promote the most successful and unique apps that already reach millions of users worldwide – this focus on advanced functionality and developer engagement will be a catalyst to the platform's success," said Vikas Saxena, Nimbuzz CEO. "As an early pioneer in mobile communications, and a long-time BlackBerry developer, Nimbuzz will continue to deliver a powerful, feature-rich experience to BlackBerry users."
Nimbuzz has more than 100 million users around the world, with more than 210,000 new registrations daily. The cross-platform mobile messaging and entertainment app allows users to message, video, call and share data – across nearly any mobile device or computer. Users enjoy free Nimbuzz-to-Nimbuzz communication and sharply discounted rates to phone numbers around the world.
Nimbuzz for BlackBerry 10: Life After RIM
Nimbuzz now provides a host of new features unique to BlackBerry 10. The app now makes it easy to discover other Nimbuzz users and contacts. Topic-specific chatrooms enable users to connect with people sharing similar interests, while file sharing between Nimbuzz provides a cheaper alternative to data plans.
Currently, BlackBerry serves almost 80 million users in 90 countries worldwide. Forrester predicts that by June, 200 carriers will adopt the new BlackBerry handsets worldwide.
Nimbuzz is the free messaging and entertainment app for the connected generation. The multi award-winning Nimbuzz application enables users to enjoy free calls, instant messaging, games, file sharing, and social networking on their mobile device.
In addition, Nimbuzz offers discounted calling rates to most countries in the world. With more than 100 million users in 200 countries - and with more than 210,000 new registrations per day - Nimbuzz is one of the most popular communications applications for any device.
Nimbuzz is available on thousands of the world's most popular devices across all major platforms such as BlackBerry 10, Android, iOS, Symbian, Windows Phone, and J2ME, as well as Windows and Mac computers.
For more information, please visit Nimbuzz.com or follow @nimbuzz on Twitter.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1