|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 06:01 AM EST||
SEOUL, South Korea and CUPERTINO, Calif., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation ("MagnaChip") (NYSE: MX), a Korea-based designer and manufacturer of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products, and ELAN Microelectronics ("ELAN"), a leading fabless provider of touch solutions for mobile phone and PC applications, today announced that they have begun to ramp production of ELAN's EEPROM touchpad products utilizing MagnaChip's advanced 0.18um manufacturing process technology.
MagnaChip's 0.18um EEPROM process features a patented side-wall selective transistor cell (SSTC) structure driving multiple voltage levels from 1.8V, 1.8V+3.3V and 1.8V+5.0V. This advanced manufacturing process developed by MagnaChip provides a significantly reduced cell size that translates into a very cost-effective NVM technology solution with enhanced performance for foundry partners such as ELAN.
Namkyu Park, Senior Vice President of Marketing for MagnaChip's foundry division commented, "We are very pleased to announce MagnaChip's continued partnership with ELAN and the ramp of their touchpad products utilizing our advanced 0.18um EEPROM process technology. This process is ideally suited for mobile as well as PC applications such as notebooks and ultrabooks. We will continue to develop high-performance and cost-effective embedded EEPROM technology solutions that meet the growing needs of our foundry customers."
About MagnaChip Semiconductor
Headquartered in South Korea, MagnaChip Semiconductor is a Korea-based designer and manufacturer of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products for high volume consumer applications. MagnaChip Semiconductor has one of the broadest and deepest range of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor platforms in the industry, supported by its 30-year operating history, a large portfolio of registered and pending patents, and extensive engineering and manufacturing process expertise. For more information, please visit www.magnachip.com.
About ELAN Microelectronics
ELAN, a world leading Smart Human Interface Solution provider with solid patents portfolio, has successfully integrated its capacitive multi-touch solution into Smartphone, Tablet PC, NB/Ultrabook, while Smart-3D Remote has been promoted into Smart TV & AIO PC, amongst other portable electronic devices. With its Smart-Touchscreen IC & Touchpad IC, ELAN is currently in strategic partnership with Intel in touchscreen controller development. ELAN has received many Win 8 Touch Logo Certifications from Microsoft& has been awarded with the "Best Choice of the Year" award twice by COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2009& 2012. ELAN is also listed as one of the "Best Under a Billion 200 Companies" worldwide by Forbes Global Magazine.
In the United States:
Director of Investor Relations
Senior Manager, Public Relations
SOURCE MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1