|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 05:06 PM EST||
BELLEVUE, Wash., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Finsphere Corporation, a leading provider of identity authentication analytics, announced today the issuance of US Patent Number 8,374,634 by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for system and method for automated analysis comparing a wireless device location with another geographic location.
Bolstering Finsphere's founding vision, patent no. 8,374,634 fortifies the company's market-leading position to utilize mobile app-based and network-based mobile device geo-location data and other mobile attributes to reduce inaccurate credit/debit card denials and more accurately assess fraud associated with financial and other types of transactions.
"We are very excited today as this patent is the first of more than a dozen patents that Finsphere has filed to date and covers a key component of Finsphere's value proposition," said Michael Buhrmann, CEO of Finsphere. "With the transition to new digital and mobile payment schemas, the need to authenticate whether the person making a transaction is the correct individual is becoming progressively more critical in order to protect privacy, security and assets of the user and provider companies."
Finsphere was founded on the simple yet powerful vision that a mobile phone, acting as a proxy for an individual's identity, can be used to authenticate risk-based events such as financial transactions, online login attempts, physical access, and more. Patent no. 8,374,634 represents the sixth issued patent in Finsphere's growing intellectual property portfolio.
About Finsphere Corporation
Based in Bellevue, Washington, Finsphere was founded in 2007 to enable wireless carriers and enterprises to help protect their customers through identity authentication services. With its patent protection, Finsphere utilizes sophisticated analytics that provides a platform and applications for non-intrusive, privacy enhancing services to authenticate transactions across all industry segments. Finsphere is a privately held corporation whose major investors include Vodafone Ventures, Mohr Davidow, Shasta Ventures and Frazier Technology Ventures. For more information, visit www.finsphere.com.
SOURCE Finsphere Corporation
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1